cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box issue

Hairyfairies
Joining in

My V6 box is cycling between "start up" and "welcome" screens. Had two different telephone conversations with first line support team, performing various options but no joy. Promised a technician would contact me but, after 24hrs no contact. Repeated call to support and promised call back in 4hrs, still no joy. Resorted to Twitter and eventually they suggested that I require a new box. Something I suggested yesterday!!. They suggest I try to get some help via this community site!

Help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your V6 is stuck in the reboot loop and won't startup, it has a fault and you (almost certainly) need a tech visit.

The quickest way to report service-affecting faults is to call, and it sounds horribly like you've been given the brush-off rather than the person you spoke to, actually dealing with the problem by booking that visit.

I would suggest in the first instance, calling back - hopefully by speaking to a different agent, you get the correct outcome. If not, then post back and the forum staff team should pick this post up in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your V6 is stuck in the reboot loop and won't startup, it has a fault and you (almost certainly) need a tech visit.

The quickest way to report service-affecting faults is to call, and it sounds horribly like you've been given the brush-off rather than the person you spoke to, actually dealing with the problem by booking that visit.

I would suggest in the first instance, calling back - hopefully by speaking to a different agent, you get the correct outcome. If not, then post back and the forum staff team should pick this post up in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for responding. I’ve had a phone call from a Virgin technician and he confirms it looks like a hardware issue. A site visit is booked for tomorrow morning. Hopefully all will be resolved then

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Hairyfairies,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you've had some issues with your V6 box! 

I'm glad to hear that you've had a technician appointment set up so quickly! Can you tell us if your issue is now resolved? Did you need a replacement box in the end?

Please keep the thread updated with the resolution if possible. 🙂

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sorry for late response, I’ve been busy. My issue has been resolved. A super technician came out yesterday lunchtime and confirmed, within minutes, that the box was indeed faulty. He switched out the box for another one and within 15 mins my service has been restored. He also suggested and implemented connecting the box to my Deco to-link unit, via Ethernet cable. Excellent service.

my only remaining gripe is the initial contact and the time and hassle in engaging Virgin technical support 

Hi Hairyfairies, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know how things have gone. 

We're glad to hear things are resolved for you now and that the engineer visit went well. 

In terms of everything else you've mentioned, you can raise a complaint so feedback can be given to the relevant departments here. If you would prefer, we can also raise the complaint for you to get the feedback passed on. If you do want us to raise the complaint though, pop back here and let us know as we'll need to confirm some further information. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs