cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box is stuck on the welcome screen and WiFi won't turn on.

GreyStone83
Tuning in
  1. This morning we had no WiFi but there was a solid white light from our router. Also the V6 box wouldn't start up and was stuck on the welcome screen before resetting in an infinite loop.

I don't know if the issues are related or separate.

Thanks

Neil

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Probably completely separate issues - any TV box that won't startup has a fault, and if powering down at the mains for 5minutes then retrying doesn't solve it, I'd recommend you call VM to report it. Staff respond on here, but it may take a couple of days.

I'd suggest posting about your WiFi problems in the wireless board here - but it's worth making sure whether this is a wireless problem (and Ethernet cabled connections are ok), or if this is your broadband in general.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello GreyStroke83

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the forum in regards to the service issues, we appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of this.

From looking at your account I can see you have spoken to a member of the team who has booked in a visit for you, please let us know how this goes. I've also taken a look at your broadband connection where everything seems fine, no issues with the spec's or level's that we can see.

We have these tips available to help with broadband issues:

Thanks 

Rob

All fixed now, engineer came out and replaced the box. 

Thanks for the update GreyStone83,

Glad to hear the engineer replaced the box for you and now everything is working as it should.

If you have any further issues in the future, please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi.