cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box in reboot loop

maxlugg
Dialled in

My V6 box has been freezing and giving picture breakup for some time so this afternoon in an attempt to cure it I did a "clear and reset".  It is now in a continuous loop of deleting and restarting. 

Coming here to report it I see it is a known issue with a pinned post from last year of "don't do it". 

Too late, I've done it. How do I get it fixed, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can try the following as a last throw of the dice.. Turn off the V6 at switch; then on the V6 box hold down both the power button and the +button at the same time. Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds. The box should reboot, the power button should turn blue, and it should reset and boot up normally

If this fails, you'll need to report your fault. Either by calling in for an immediate response, or waiting on this forum a day or so for VM to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can try the following as a last throw of the dice.. Turn off the V6 at switch; then on the V6 box hold down both the power button and the +button at the same time. Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds. The box should reboot, the power button should turn blue, and it should reset and boot up normally

If this fails, you'll need to report your fault. Either by calling in for an immediate response, or waiting on this forum a day or so for VM to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That's not an easy manoeuvre! But yes, it has got the V6 up and running again. Thanks very much.

Perhaps VM could consider removing the "clear and reset" option from the menu if it breaks the box.