cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box had no picture and now cannot be detected by the tv.

jays001
Tuning in

V6 Box started with sound and no picture on screen, just a black screen. Now the tv is not detecting the virgin box as a source. Sometimes if I turn the power off/on vid the switch **bleep** will work after a really slow boot up. But now more often than not, nothing working from the V6. Feels like the box is on its way out. 

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It doesn't sound very well, but it's certainly worth proving the HDMI lead isn't to blame by using a known-working one and also the TV port.

If those checks point the finger at the V6, then you'll need to report your box faulty to VM. Either by calling in or waiting on here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi there thanks, yeah tried all that, I saw another post on here with similar issues and virgin said the bud was faulty so hopefully someone from virgin will be along soon to see this 🙂

Hi Jays001,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your TV Box looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I can see from your services that your box is off at the moment as it's unreachable to us, could you please turn it on so I can do some diagnostics on my side?

I can also see that you may have spoken to us about this TV box fault a couple of days ago, what happened during this call?

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan I just turned it back on, had it off as no point being on with it being faulty.

The WhatsApp chat I had someone arranged an engineer visit for next week. Would appreciate it you could still run diagnostics to see if you can detect anything. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jays001, 

Thank you for your reply. 

I have taken a look from our side and the equipment does still show as unreachable which means we would not be able to run any further diagnostic check remotely and a technician would be required. 

Unfortunately, I am not seeing a visit booked. Have you confirmed a date/time for this with the chat adviser? 

Thanks, 

Nat