cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box - guide not updating reads to be anounced. Can anyone help please.

Joining in

Recently had a router upgrade and now my TV channel guide does not update. It just shows To be anounced for almost every channel.

Does anyone have a solution please?

10 REPLIES 10

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A new router means a new WiFi SSID.

Assuming the V6 has its internet connection by WiFi, you will need to supply the V6 settings with the new SSID and password.

Unfortunately, I no longer have V6 to advise the correct settings to do this but, if you can’t figure out how to do this, I’m sure someone will help soon.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, but I don't know what SSID is. Thanks anyway.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @19452023 

The SSID is your Wifi network name for example VM123456  - you will also need to enter the Wifi password.

See page 41 of the /Virgin_TV_V6_user_guide.pdf 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ernie_C wrote:

Unfortunately, I no longer have V6 to advise the correct settings to do this

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, follow the on-screen prompts.

Incidentally, if the V6 has no working internet connection, OnDemand & streaming services will also no longer work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

SpacePhoenix
Fibre optic

Is the box very far from the router? If it isn't, what about connecting it to the router via an Ethernet cable?

My router is upstairs connected via ethernet to my pc. This has always been the case. We were recently given a new Hub 3 router but everything was working fine until Saturday am. My v6 box is downstairs near the TV.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In which case posts 2 & 5 above, give you the solution you need.

Hi 19452023,

Thanks for posting this on our forums, I am sorry you were having issues with your set top box after installing a new Hub!

Do you still need help with this issue?

If yes, I can see that @newapollo & @japitts have already given you some help in explaining what to do, lets go over their posts one more time ‌‌

So like @Ernie_C stated, when you install a new Hub it will also mean that you'll need to connect this up manually on your set top box - New Hub means a new Hub name & password! Your current TV box will still have the old Hub's name & password stored on it.

To connect your TV box to the new Hub, follow Japitts advice by going through the TV box settings - Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network - This will allow you to choose the new Hub's name and input the new password for the WIFI.

If you need more help with connecting devices to your new Hub, I have a really helpful link here: ‌‌ How to Connect.

Please let us know how you get on!

Thanks,
Megan_L

Hi

Thanks to everyone who so kindly responded to my problem.

I tried several suggestions, but as my router is upstairs and my v6 box downstairs, I was getting in a mess.

I eventually rang 150 and managed to speak to someone and to my surprise  they fixed things remotely.

All is fine now  but many thanks to everyone. 

Bye for now.