cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box green screen

ZL0109
Joining in

Hi,

I have dreaded 'green screen' on my V6 box, the one that says the DVR is broken. I've tried to phone for technical help to tell them I just need a new one (as every thread on here seems to say is the answer) but you can't actually speak to anyone! I've been sent a text to self diagnose the fault, which I've tried, but the advice on the link says turn off the box when the message on the green screen says absolutely don't do that! Engineer is coming in 3 days (so 3 days with no service incoming) which is so frustrating as I just needed to talk to a human who may have had the common sense to look through the fault guide and see I need a new box! I also assume I'm not going to get any compensation as my broadband in still working (slowly, but working)? Way to ruin my Sunday, Virgin Media...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If there is a fault, be it a wiring issue or a faulty box, VM will always book a tech visit. This is & always has been company policy, as it would be an easy way to have a new box sent out when there is nothing wrong with the old one. It has also resulted in boxes being stolen & sold illegally on eBay & the like.

Being a residential service, there is no fixed SLA for fault resolution. This applies to all providers, not just VM. Only business class services have guaranteed 24 call-outs. If you have had no TV continuously for 48 hours you should be able to obtain a refund of the TV part of your rental in excess of the 48 hours. But compensation payments are only available for Broadband & Phone under the OFCOM scheme.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If there is a fault, be it a wiring issue or a faulty box, VM will always book a tech visit. This is & always has been company policy, as it would be an easy way to have a new box sent out when there is nothing wrong with the old one. It has also resulted in boxes being stolen & sold illegally on eBay & the like.

Being a residential service, there is no fixed SLA for fault resolution. This applies to all providers, not just VM. Only business class services have guaranteed 24 call-outs. If you have had no TV continuously for 48 hours you should be able to obtain a refund of the TV part of your rental in excess of the 48 hours. But compensation payments are only available for Broadband & Phone under the OFCOM scheme.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey ZL0109, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry to see you are having some issues with your TV box.

However looking from our side I can see you have spoke to our team and they have organised for a engineer to come out and take a look at this.

Please can you keep me updated on how this visit goes. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

spudy
Tuning in

I had same issue phoned VM on Friday engineer came out Monday & fitted new V6 box,spoke to VM on the Tuesday and they gave me £10 credit off my next bill.

Apologies for the initial issues spudy but glad to her the engineer was able to resolve this for you.

Rob