Menu
Tracy-Mooney
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 box freezing during recording playback

Hi, my v6 box has been freezing during playback of recordings but has now become more frequent. Even if I rewind and watch again it freezes at the same part and sometimes even skips 10mins or so of a programme. I have ran the test online and no issues are detected. I have also checked all connections to the box and cables and all are secure. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box freezing during recording playback

Check your recording hiccups to see if any issues are indicated.

If it is skipping portions of a recording, it suggests that either:
A signal loss (can you fast forward past the "freeze point"?)
A power loss to the V6 box, this is less likely as it for a 10 minute loss of a recording the box would tend to auto cancel the recording and resume the recording upon power restoration.  You would see to recording events for the same program.

Are the recordings that are affected the same channel at the same time, or other channels at different times.  It is easier to arrive at a possible cause with more exacting information.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
Tracy-Mooney
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There are no hiccups showing. Also it started freezing last night just watching tv without recording.

it is all different programmes at different times there are no patterns to the fault.

0 Kudos
Tracy-Mooney
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My box has now completely froze to a black screen. After I reboot it said I was unable to view the selected channels ... 105, 104 etc... after about half hour the channels came back on. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tracy-Mooney, 

Thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear of the problems you've been having with the freezing. Can I ask if it stops altogether? Also how is everything since your post? 

Keep me posted. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Tracy-Mooney
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, it actually freezes and even pressing the remote control has no effect the whole thing just stops responding and I need to leave it to unfreeze itself. It actually turned itself off and on again a few times over the weekend when this fault happened (this was during live tv and not a recording) 

when it happens with a recording, I can put the recording back on and it happens again at the same point every time. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Issues with recordings, which don’t occur on Live TV, generally come down to hard disk problems, requiring your box to be replaced. I will send you a private message to look into this for you. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos