cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box flashing white light

BillGibbon
On our wavelength

Box was reset recently. We noticed that pressing buttons on the handset makes the white light flash, and slows down the selection procedure - subsequent presses don’t register until the flashing stops. This slows down the operation considerably. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you explain what you mean by "slows down the selection procedure"?

The white LED is meant to flash with each remote key press.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the quick response. We've never seen/noticed the white light on the front flash on button press before.  When scrolling down through a list of recorded shows we couldn't scroll as quickly as usual as we had to wait until the light re-appeared after going off on a button press. This was noticeable as the highlight on the screen just stopped moving as if the button press hadn't registered. I've just replaced the handset batteries and everything seems to be quicker now - but as I said we've never ever noticed the white light flashing before. 

Hi @BillGibbon

Thanks so much for your post and I'm so sorry to hear your remote was slowing down! 

@japitts is correct and the white flash it just a response to a button being pressed. My first suggestion for the remote slowing would have been to check the batteries. Now you have done that and it's been a few days does everything look to be back to normal? 

Thank you. Yes indeed - all is well now.  We had never noticed the white light flashing as the buttons were pressed - probably because the box isn’t so close to the screen and of course we're looking at the screen as we choose stuff.

it’s great on here. So many helpful folks.

Best wishes to all.

That's great to hear! Thank you so much and have a lovely bank holiday @BillGibon!