cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box fault

Whitegloves
Joining in

I have a v6 box which has suddenly become slow to respond to the remote control commands and also recordings are jumpy and freezing making them unwatchable. This is also the case if I pause live tv it jumps and freezes. I did call customer services which sent me a link via sms to a diagnostic tool which seems to be having issues at the moment as it is not rendering the webpage correctly. 

I have searched this forum and it seems like the issue I am facing is a hard drive failure  

how can I get this issue fixed?

thank you  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It does sound like your hard drive is failing if recorded (which includes paused) programming is affected.

You can report service faults one of two ways..

1: Call in - 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone

2: Wait on this forum, a VM staff member should pick up this post in a couple of days.

It sounds like you have already called in, and fallen for the "let us send you a link" message that the IVR has. If you choose to call back, just choose the "I have a fault" options and don't press anything else - just wait.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It does sound like your hard drive is failing if recorded (which includes paused) programming is affected.

You can report service faults one of two ways..

1: Call in - 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone

2: Wait on this forum, a VM staff member should pick up this post in a couple of days.

It sounds like you have already called in, and fallen for the "let us send you a link" message that the IVR has. If you choose to call back, just choose the "I have a fault" options and don't press anything else - just wait.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Whitegloves, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having some issues with your V6 box. 

Checking things at this end, all stats on your box are looking good. The power and signal levels for each of the tuners are optimal and the hard drive status is also showing as very good. 

There is a long uptime so it's worth rebooting the box to refresh things. Make sure you turn off at the mains and leave off for around a minute before turning back on. 

This should hopefully improve things for you. If not, pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I don’t understand how there is a long uptime as the box is rebooting itself most days and we have to force reboot several times a week because it becomes unresponsive. We have 2 boxes the other one is performing perfectly.

We have checked obvious things like cable connections and remote control batteries.

The biggest problem we are having is we can’t watch recordings or pause/rewind live tv as it becomes very jumpy and ultimately freezes forcing us to reboot.

Thanks for looking at this for me as I have had no joy with the helpline or live chat to the bot.

Hey Whitegloves, thank you for letting us know this and we understand how frustrating this can be.

I am going to send you an PM, so we can discuss this in further details.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?