Menu
KamN396
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

V6 box fault not found when using web check service

I have a v6 box that is showing either an Amber or white light, it starts on the welcome screen,  then says starting up, and gets stuck on that page, then eventually it reboots,  back to the welcome screen,  then starting up screen. 

It has been doing this since 29th of September,  and has not functioned properly since, so I've been left without television service. 

I've tried ringing countless times on numerous occasions,  been on hold every time for an hour or so, with no human being actually answering to report this issue to. 

I've rang a variety of numbers to get this resolved,  but as above, no contact with any human being answering the call after waiting on line for an hour at a time.

I've tried the online help, and checked the status and equipment , and every time it gets to 33% slowly then miraculously it jumps to 100% saying that there is no issues found with the box.

The funny thing is, for the last 2 times I ran the test, to test the v6 box using the online service check, I got the same 33% then jump to 100% with no errors found on the v6 box.....but I HAD TURNED THE V6 BOX OFF AT THE MAINS  AT THE TIME. 

How can virginmedia.com state they are here to help to get things sorted if they aren't actually answering the phone and doing fictitious tests to make out everything is ok.

I don't know what else to do now, I can't get through to anyone after almost a week,  the online system is an absolute piece of s$#t that lies.

2 people with disabilities, stuck indoors shielding under instructions from medical professionals and no flipping tv, and more to the point no way to actually get it resolved cos there's no contact with virginmedia.com. 

Please forgive the rant but we're proper **bleep**ed off atm.

Thanks for the attention. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box fault not found when using web check service

I've flagged this for attention by VM staff. Ordinarily it would take a few days, in this case hopefully a bit sooner.

In the meantime, it may be sucking eggs but can you make sure all the cables are finger-tight including the Ethernet connection to your homehub if the box isn't using WiFi.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

EDIT:  Thanks japitts - that will help 🙂

A quick question, how are you connecting the V6 to your Hub - wifi or ethernet cable? Is it actually starting up with limited channels or is there nothing !

Hve you checked to see if there are known TV issues in your location? Call the Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page.

Re contacting them, Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111. Calling at 08.01 midweek -- is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits. Took 20’ for me last Wednesday afternoon. If you get sent through some automated "restart please" rigmarole and theb disconnected - call back in 30-60 minutes as the system should recognise you are calling in a second time and put you through (may still wait though).

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take longer

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take several days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
KamN396
Tuning in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I have checked all cables,  it was 1 of the first things I did, the v6 connects via wifi, and there is no issue with my broadband, ive checked for service outages an there are none in the area.

thankyou.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Check in Home>Help>Settings>Network> Connection and see what it is reporting about the quality of that wifi connection.
Might be worth trying putting it on an trailing ethernet cable (temporarily) just to see if that kicks it into life.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
KamN396
Tuning in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

The v6 connection is via WiFi, there is no problem with broadband,  and I've checked,  there are no service outages in the area.

I've been ringing for days on different numbers,  and always been holding for a hour at a time,  but to no avail.

I'm waiting on a response from the text service as we speak. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Texts can take from 1h to 14 days to get a response 😞

Japitts has escalated this thread so a VM person has been alerted and should respond on here soon - keep checking back.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
KamN396
Tuning in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the idea, I see if I can get a 10 meter cable from somewhere to try it, I'll let you guys know if/when I manage to try it.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
KamN396
Tuning in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou,  for the 1st time in about a week, I feel like I'm actually getting somewhere. 

I actually took a video of what I'm looking at, and what is happening just to be able to show the problem with the system I'm experiencing. 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello KamN396

Sorry to hear this is happening 

It is something that we do need to fix asap

I know you have mentioned you are shielding 

We would need to get an engineer out but we will be in protective gear 

So I can organise this 

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L