cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box failed connection when attempting to update

Jude2
Dialled in

Don't know if this I'd linked to the nationwide issue of catchup and on demand being down. But my v6 box last successful update was last night, since this morning it shows a failed connection reason: failed while cofiguring. Although wifi connection is good, so its notan issue with the wifi connection. Could someone tell me if they have had the same issue, think its all linked but just anxious that there's another issue with my box.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

greenedd
On our wavelength

There is a issue  virgin media are aware of it

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the V6 show a connected IP address in the top-right?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes and WiFi shows 65% strength so all is good as far as I can tell. I'm just getting failed connections at the configuring stage of a network connection, and obviously the V210 error codes for on demand and catchup services that is a national issue

greenedd
On our wavelength

There is a issue  virgin media are aware of it

I phoned up about this yesterday and they had me try connecting my V6 boxes by cable (which they are anyhow) and wifi despite me saying this is a virgin media server issue not the fact the boxes could not talk to the internet.. the final straw came when the guy offshore wanted to send me a wifi booster to fix the problem (despite my tivo's both being sat next to my mesh wifi and ethernet connection points to my router.. I demanded an engineer which I got and then duly cancelled when the problem came up as a tv problem on the status page and was fixed yesterday afternoon.. <sigh>

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Modem Mode

Thanks for your post and update, fizz.. Glad to hear this was identified as an area issue and then sorted.

Cheers,

Corey C