cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box channels "to be announced"

BobbyVMUser
Tuning in

I consistently have many channels on my EPG showing "to be announced".

I have tried both direct ethernet cabled connection, and wireless connection. For both, I've done:

Home - Help and Settings - Settings - Network - Connect to the Virgin Media service now

...and also restarted the box when I've changed between wired and wireless.

Today, there was even a software update on this V6.

Also, I have an older Tivo box, with all listings completely OK at the same time.

Any ideas on what else to check? I've done everything suggested in the threads of this forum, several times.

Also: on-demand is of course working OK.

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On the LHS of the network connections screen, the attempted calls home are time-stamped together with success/failure reason.

What are you seeing?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

... Last 12:54

...Next 18:32

...Succeeded

...that sort of thing is typical, never had anything different.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Possibly corrupt EPG data then. You can rebuild the EPG by using Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart > Clear programme info & planned recordings.

Your series-links will be rebuilt in an hour or so, but any manual recordings you have set will need manually recreating so make a note. The whole process might take upto an hour or so, so watch out for anything set to record in that time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Unfortunately, the box is now in a failing loop, and has been for 10 hours overnight...

(1) Statup

(2) Welcome

(3) a moving 'download' image 

... repeating that process.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The box has failed, and the EPG data was the first warning of that.

Ordinarily I'd suggest calling in to report this - and that may yet be the quickest.. but forum advice got you here so I'll flag this thread to the top of the staff list for a response.

Thanks! 

I booked an engineer appointment... 🙂