cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box changing channel automatically

slartibartfast1
On our wavelength

Recently my V6 box has started to change channels when a series link programme starts. Has something changed to cause this? If so how do I stop it happening?

22 REPLIES 22

It just happened again. I turned over to watch football on Sky Sports and a couple of minutes later the channel changes back to Dragon's Den on BBC. I am only recording one show.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @slartibartfast1 

Does this only happen when you are recording?

The V6 remote plays silly little tricks like this when the batteries need changing.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It only happens when a series link recording is scheduled. It only started happening fairly recently but the series links were set up a long time ago.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've checked and there's (as I suspected but wasn't 100% sure) no option on a SL to have a reminder.

Something else to eliminate is suggestions - I've not used them for a while so can't remember the intricacies, but let's use the info banner to check your recording tuners in real-time. Press "info" and scroll to the bottom, you'll see 5 indicators for the non-live tuners, the one you're on now is shown on the mini guide if you press "OK" from live TV.

Combine the info from the 2 views and you have the status of all 6 recording tuners - can you eliminate the others being in use by suggestions or other recording activity?

Next obvious thing - you have restarted your V6 since this started happening haven't you? Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Suggestions have always been disabled. The box actually rebooted itself earlier today so yes it has been restarted.

Hi slartibartfast1,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've been having with your TV service.

Can you confirm if the TV box is continuing to reboot itself? 

Can you confirm if the box is still changing the channel with regards to the reminder?

^Martin

It is still happening. I just switched over to BT Sports and the box switched back immediately to MasterChef on BBC. It doesn't seem to happen on all series links though.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you identify individual SL's that are affected?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

The one I always notice is Masterchef.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ah, your previous post alluded to there being others - that's why I asked.

Can you post up your SL settings? I for one don't mind comparing them for any obvious gremlins. The other thing to try is deleting the link on your V6 and recreating it - see if the same thing keeps happening.