Menu
dty7
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 box and superhub 1

I've received my v6 box today and installed it but didn't get a new hub with it. I am still on the old super hub 1. So far it's not working, but it may still be activating. I rang VM support to check and was told that the superhub 1 will work with tge v6 ok. However I've seen on this forum that superhub 2 is the minimum requirement. Can anyone confirm this please?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box and superhub 1

Yes, you should have been sent a new Hub
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
dty7
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

So the v6 box won't work with my superhub1?

They're sending me a hub3 but it will take 2 days so I'm without tv and broadband for 2 days?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi dty1,

Welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't get the new hub at the same time as receiving the V6 box.  I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today.  Should you need any further assistance please give us a shout.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Disco79
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@dty7wrote:
Hi,

So the v6 box won't work with my superhub1?

They're sending me a hub3 but it will take 2 days so I'm without tv and broadband for 2 days?

I can assure everyone that the V6 box will work with the superhub 1 (see photo below)

OI000001-01.jpeg

0 Kudos
powerlines2000
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Disco79 - im still using my SH1, are you using yours in modem mode? wifi or ethernet to connect from the V6?

Sorry for the questions but just ordered my V6 upgrade and REALLY dont want an H3.

0 Kudos
Fliptophat
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I need to keep the superhub 1 as it has a actual working MAC filter that I can use for timed access for my kids devices to internet. The superhub 3 has very very poor MAC filtering. 

I really need reassurance that the V6 box will work ok with my current super hub 1. Thanks for the photo above, but are there any other users that have had issues with this set up? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fliptophat,

Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately we're unable to provide reassurance that the V6 will work with your Superhub1 which is why we provide everyone with a Superhub 3 when upgrading to make sure you get the best out of your V6 box.

If you wish to upgrade then you can either do this online here or give our customer care team a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and they will be able to do this for you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
powerlines2000
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I dont blame you for not wanting to go to the H3 it is rubbish, Poor MAC filtering, Really open to DDos, Appauling latency issues, the list goes on.

As far as i can see (been looking for the same info myself) I can find no reason that the V6 box wont work with the SH1 and will be trying it tomorrow so will post how i got on.