cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box and sound

JMD1
On our wavelength

Hello, am fairly new to the TV box.  I am deaf with a cochlear implant and so use a special TV Streamer to send sound to my head.  The engineer plugged the streamer into the V6 box optical outlet. Before it was plugged direct into TV. I used to have to turn the streamer on.  However, now it appears to be on automatically when the TV box is on!  Is this normal that if TV box is on whatever is plugged into the box is also on?

it is just that occasionally I do not want the sound coming direct to me, so would that would mean unplugging from box and power?

5 REPLIES 5

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JMD1, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

This definitely a tricky one to answer but I will do all I can to assist. 

Just so I can run some further investigations, can you please provide some details around the device that is connected to the V6. Is there a make/model?

Thanks 

Nat

JMD1
On our wavelength

It is a TV Streamer made by Cochlear Company who also make my cochlear implant. It streams sound wirelessly direct to the cochlear implant.  It used to be connected to TV via optical output and the engineer when he came to install broadband and TV plugged it into the V( box.    It has alway come on when TV is on but has not previously automatically streamed.

I normally turn it on via a App I have on my iPhone. And can still control it via that. But was puzzled by fact it streamed straight away.  A friend thinks that the V6 box sees it as a sound bar and tells me would have to unplug it if did not want to stream.

however, if I do not stream the sound then have to turn volume up very high!  I sent query as originally thought there was no sound from TV when it was connected but a friend has told be she can hear it when she has phoned me (again I do not at that point as my phone streams sound direct to implant! and the streamer is off) so my concern that if someone was with me would not hear it has been cleared. It is just the automatic switch on that puzzled me, but think my friend is right and the box thinks it is a sound bar.

JMD1
On our wavelength

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming and providing the information.  

I am going to reach out to some of my colleagues to get some assistance with this.

I will post back to the thread as soon as I receive a response. 

Thank you 

Nat

The V6 has no switch to turn off audio outputs, so you will always get audio when the V6 is on. I suggest you put the V6 into standby mode when you do not wish to watch TV (I do this even if it's only for a short period of time as I don't want screen burn on my OLED TV).

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection