Menu
Marilyn75
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

V6 box and contract

I have been offered the V6 free. I am out of contract and don’t wish to sign up just yet for another. If I accept the free V6 box does it automatically put me on another contact.
Thankyou.
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box and contract

Yes. Any change to your package inc new boxes =new contract 

0 Kudos
PhilHornby
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

But in the FAQ's here: http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/customer/freeupgrade.html,

it says:

How does the upgrade work?

The upgrade is free to eligible customers. There's no new contract to sign up to and your monthly cost will stay exactly the same. There's no penalty if you'd rather just keep your old TV box to use with your service (though we're pretty confident you'll love our V6 box more). You'll only need to pay extra if you want an engineer to install your new box for you instead of doing it yourself.

springer64
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I was out of contract and my bills were creeping up and up, so I phoned last Monday to try and negotiate a discount. Was offered same package for £12 a month less than I'd been paying, plus a free V6. It meant committing to another 12 month contract, but that was no problem as there's no viable alternative around here for BB. Box arrived Wednesday.
0 Kudos
PhilHornby
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just to confirm, having gone through the ordering process, it says :-

"Just swapping your TV box? The figure shown above is your current monthly cost and, along with your package and contract, will remain exactly the same as before."

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Super solver
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi That's correct I just went through the process of getting a V6 and everything stayed as it was, it clearly states that with the offer. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
SH3user
Superfast
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yep. I was told that accepting the V6 changed nothing but when I checked my contract dates online, the existing contract date that expires in a few weeks indicated that it expires now in a years time. Please check your existing contract dates before accepting the offer and check again after. Another phone call to VM confirmed that the original expiry date was the same but the site says not?

PhilHornby
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I didn't even know you *could* check your contract online ;-)

Mine now says my 'agreement' started on 14th Feb 2018, but the other ("Your contract started") box is blank?!?

Against Contract period: it says "X".

Clear as mud !
0 Kudos
B3nuk88
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

they stuck me on a new contract when i ordered the new box, wouldnt have bothered if i'd known that as prices for tv upgrades are extortionate now, i had planned on upgrading to a different tv packager but wont be bothering, it's disgusting, they shouldn't be saying no change to contract and then changing it anyway.
SH3user
Superfast
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

They say not but my dates also changed. I got it sorted after a long phone call to VM though and it took a long time to get through to the correct department.
0 Kudos