Menu
capdan
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 box/TV freezing

Twice this week been watching TV for about 20 minutes and just as the programme is about to start that you want to watch the TV has frozen. The V6 box will not turn on or off and we have had to unplug completely at the wall socket. Once back on it has taken about ten minutes to load and is then ready to work normally again. Happened  last nights Corrie and Grand prix. Both of which were set to record but we then watched live..or tried too. Is it the weather or a fault?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box/TV freezing

Hi capdan,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the community.

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having some issues with the TV service freezing.

Does this happen on all channels? Do you suffer with any pixelation at all?

I have tried to run some diagnostics on the box for you but unable to do so as its currently showing as offline. Can you please advise if the box was powered on at the time of my post.

How many times a day does this happen? Does it only happen when your trying to record the same programme?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
capdan
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Louise,
Thanks for coming back to me. No pixelation just freezes and will not budge. Although the box was not in use when you tried running the diagnostics it would have entered the eco low power standby mode. Its on now for the football, all ok so far. When it has happened you cannot operate any channel, it won't respond at all to a channel change or even to being physically switched off on the box. The only way to clear it is to unplug the power supply at the wall socket. It has only started happening this week and it has done it twice. Previously it had happened once approx two weeks ago. Each time it seems to do it as the request to record kicks in.
Wait to hear from you
Victoria
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rebecca_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Victoria, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I've taken a look at this and can see some errors, so I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look. 

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope, top right) so that we can arrange an appointment. 

Speak soon 

Rebecca 

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos