cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box Sparadic rebooting & Connection message

jrbhome
Tuning in

I've got my original box since installation in 2016/17 so I think it's a V6. During this year 2021 the box sparadically reboot's itself whilst we are watching programs. Then also we have noticed more recently we request an on-demand program which is included in our package starts ok then suddenly "lost connection" message either C130 and more recently 602 and 603.

I have also got into the habit now when we are not recording anything to switch off the box for 5-10 mins as I'm lead to believe this helps, it doesn't seem too. Yes I know some will say contact support but they want to see it and trying to get through at that precise time and then wait time is unrealistic.

Would a more up to date box like Tivo cure this or is it the fibre optic?

16 REPLIES 16

To update all. Had a engineer call 6/10. Found V6 box to be slow to requests and did see how the picture kept stalling/cutting out (not sure what to call it) like it couldn't spool quicker enough.

Anyway they have replaced the V6 box with a new one and intially seems to be quicker to my requests. Will now see how "catch up" and "on demand" do over the next week and if continues will advise. 

The engineer also found from the intial installation back in 2016 I think they'd put a sort surge protector between the box and cable, it's similar to what I have on my TV aerial incase of lightening or something. Anyway he said this was reducing the signal strength as well. So possibly two issues slow box and this thing.

Thanks for the update jrbhome,

Glad to hear that our engineer swapped out the box for you. Can we ask how everything has been since the visit?

Have you found the box swap has resolved the catch up and on demand issues?

Kind regards Jodi. 

First time catch-up & on-demand used worked seemlessly and was fast, I made sure I used each option. However still fine no blips or pausing when requesting either catch-up or on-demand but has slowed fractionally in when you fast forward the picture now stays static so you have to watch the timer (i don't like ads etc.).

In terms of sudden reboots currently experienced none but will advise if it starts to happen. I would finish off and say the box itself is reacting to my requests quicker in terms of channel changing, pause/stop etc. and delete. So currently a happy customer waiting on free upgrade to TiVo box where you can record 6 channels.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jrbhome wrote:

So currently a happy customer waiting on free upgrade to TiVo box where you can record 6 channels.

A TiVo has 3 tuners, V6 has 6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jrbhome,

Thank you for coming back to us and updating the thread about how your appointment went. We're glad to hear that your replaced TV box is working and you're not experiencing any issues that you had before. 

Please keep us update on this and let us know if you need any further help or assistance with this.

We're more than happy to help. 🙂

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Spoke a little too soon, 20/10 and 21/10 sudden reboot boot happened, this occurred when I'd finih watching a recorded programme and went to the delete option.

Also on catch up watched a couple of programmes and one was fine, the other showed some stuttering/spooling but only once and minor. I will try and get into the habit of recording time/date etc. for reference.

Thanks for your posts and updates, jrbhome,

Has the TV service improved since your post? If not let us know. 

Cheers,

Corey C