cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box Sparadic rebooting & Connection message

jrbhome
Tuning in

I've got my original box since installation in 2016/17 so I think it's a V6. During this year 2021 the box sparadically reboot's itself whilst we are watching programs. Then also we have noticed more recently we request an on-demand program which is included in our package starts ok then suddenly "lost connection" message either C130 and more recently 602 and 603.

I have also got into the habit now when we are not recording anything to switch off the box for 5-10 mins as I'm lead to believe this helps, it doesn't seem too. Yes I know some will say contact support but they want to see it and trying to get through at that precise time and then wait time is unrealistic.

Would a more up to date box like Tivo cure this or is it the fibre optic?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can check which box you have on this page 

The rest of the advice depends which box you have, but it certainly doesn't sound too well.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can check which box you have on this page 

The rest of the advice depends which box you have, but it certainly doesn't sound too well.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Cheers Japitts

I'm surprised it's a TiVo box but the older style one with rounded front and can only record 3 channels, so about 4+yrs old

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly any TV box that's rebooting or needs recurrent restarts isn't very well.

TiVo's have their own in-built net connection that's separate from your home broadband - faults with this are easy to diagnose. On the front-left of your box are 3 green LEDs. Second-from-left has a painted heart symbol next to it and is the status light for the onboard modem. Solidly on is good, flashing green is bad and means the onboard connection is failing.

No internet connection means any of OnDemand or streaming programmes will fail, and is a fault.

The V6 box runs the same software as your TiVo but on a much newer box that's far more capable - however it doesn't have an onboard net connection and relies on your VM homehub for all the online access. If you don't have VM broadband, you can't have a V6. If you do, then a V6 will be a vast improvement on a TiVo.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @jrbhome,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issues here on our forums.

I can take a further look into this for you from here but as I have been unable to locate your via your community, I will drop over a private message in a moment, so that we can go through account security and get these issues investigated.

Please look out for my private message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven

Hi thanks for response too update all.

24/9 watching "Albi" channel just went off and rebooted itself which takes from 2-5 mins it seems. All lights flash as it goes through it's sequence.

25/9 went too "On Demand" too watch Manhunt 1st series ep.1 about 20mins in "lost connection 602" comes up heart light flashing screen comes back C130 error message. Turn on internet to so back to "On Demand" and start again to watch series 1 from episode 1 through too 3 and several times same issue "lost or connection not available 602" and the 2nd light in heart flashing away then once stopped up pops C130 code.

So with or without internet the unit fails, this is mainly when I request a "On Demand" or "Catch up" request. All are noted as "Included in your Package" so I'm not asking for anything additional.

So the 1st light red/green (pwr/stdby) ok; 2nd light (heart) flashes when connection lost; 3rd light only flashes when using the remote to punch in my 4 digit code when requested. At no times during the failures except at a re-boot does it show.

Ref: Steven thanks for message and checking of lights above is what happens.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have an unwell TiVo that needs replacing.

If you have VM broadband, then consider a swap to a V6 as mentioned previously. Exact same software as what you have, but on a much newer box that's far more capable.

The only difference is, that where the TiVo has its internet connection inbuilt, the V6 needs to connect to your homehub to do the same. Either by wired Ethernet cable or WiFi.

Regardless of whether you pursue that avenue or not, a replacement TiVo shouldn't be an issue.

Hi jrbhome

Thanks for coming back to us. I've not been able to locate your account via the forum information provided. Have you got this sorted since posting? Let us know if not and we can assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Again thanks for replies, have sent some info as per a message request. Will update once issue sorted/resolved.
Cheers

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining us on PM jrbhome

Just to update the thread, the engineer visit was booked in.

This can be tracked and/or altered in your online account

Let us know how the engineer visit goes.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill