cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box - Green Screen

Pieman1972
On our wavelength

Evening all.

Whilst watching the football on Prime App via TV I noticed the V6 box had started flashing orange....

Later switched over to it and noticed a "downloading" image... The box reboots and go through the normal startup ...at some poi t I get a screen saying that this DVR has an issue and needs 3 hours to fix........

I've left it for now to do it's stuff .....but is it £-£+?

5 REPLIES 5

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

It's probably the hard drive failing. As all equipment is owned by VM report this fault and you'll get a replacement box at no cost.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Pieman1972 wrote:

Later switched over to it and noticed a "downloading" image... The box reboots and go through the normal startup ...at some poi t I get a screen saying that this DVR has an issue and needs 3 hours to fix........

If you have the green "DVR has dectected an error" warning message, this means your box's hard drive has failed and it will need replacing.

There is no charge for this if you have a current VM subscription, servicing and repairs are free. You can either call in to report this - 150 from a VM phoone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, or wait here for a couple of days and a VM staffer should respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pieman1972

Thanks for your post 

Sorry about the green screen 

I can see you have arranged for a Service Call to swap the box over 

Can you please let us know how the visit goes 

Gareth_L

Hi there - engineer came on Thursday afternoon.....box swapped straight away, he was saying he's having quite a few of these now.......I wonder if we are now seeing the end of useful life of the hard drives????

All good now 🙂

Hard drives are very reliable. What will end the use of them is the inexorable move towards streaming, for an example look no further than Sky Glass.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection