cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box - Dolby digital

SteveT1983
Joining in

I’ve had my v6 box for years and have realised that it doesn’t support Dolby digital output (specifically using Sonos Beam)

Im still under contract for some time but does anyone know where ilI stand with regards to getting an updated box?

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's a couple of other specific users on this forum who I know will be able to answer this definitively, but as an instinctive response - what makes you say your equipment doesn't support Dolby?

The only "update" you can get would be to change from V6 > TV360 software, and I'm not at all convinced that would be the answer here. I don't think there's anything in V6 software that prevents Dolby, that's not exactly the same in TV360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I saw another post noting that "Some older V6 boxes are not compatible with Dolby" - Maybe its not the case but, after a few hours messing around with settings, i resigned myself to the fact that it must be the case.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SteveT1983 wrote:

I saw another post noting that "Some older V6 boxes are not compatible with Dolby"

Where did you see this post? Can you link to it? We may be able to clarify.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

What setup do you have? The Sonos Beam on its own can provide only 3.0, so to get 5.1 you need to add a Sonos sub and two rear speakers.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

@SteveT1983 wrote:

I saw another post noting that "Some older V6 boxes are not compatible with Dolby" - Maybe its not the case but, after a few hours messing around with settings, i resigned myself to the fact that it must be the case.

Presumably you have enabled DD in the audio settings of the V6?