Menu
WilliamA
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 234
Flag for a moderator

Re: re wRe: V6 black screen bug?

I was worried it was my TV (LG OLED55E6V) because I briefly had a problem with a Sony Blu-ray player. But the V6 is the only thing that plays up now, and it looks like it does the same with a range of TVs.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 234
Flag for a moderator

Hi all, 

Thanks for your posts and apologies to hear you're having an issue with this. 

We have got this noted down as a known fault that we are working on. As it stands there is a work around. 

We've seen this happens when when connecting a V6 box to a 4K TV that auto-detects the video resolution "2160" through an Amp which does not support 4K. In order to resolve this, change the video resolution as the Amplifier is unable to support "2160" - which is 4K.

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
tjc_2005
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 234
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but my Denon AVR-X2300 is fully 4k @60Hz. HDCP 2.2, so it's not the amp.

It's definitely something on the TiVo box side. As all other connected 4k sources (PS4 pro, Nvidia shield) all display correctly and never drop signal. Which are connected to my AMP.

Besides, I'm not running my TiVo through my AMP, it's a direct connection to the TV.

Hope to see a fix soon, thanks.
0 Kudos
WilliamA
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 234
Flag for a moderator

My V6 box is connected directly to an HDMI socket on the TV as well - and it is a fully 4K supporting TV. The V6 output is set to 4K pass-through. If it's any use to whoever is investigating, it happened again today after switching back to broadcast channels after a period of watching Netflix using the Netflix app on the V6. 

The workaround is to put the V6 into standby and then restart.

0 Kudos
Em36
Tuning in
Message 25 of 234
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Kath, do you know when the fix is in place?

As per some of the other posts I do not have a 4K TV so it is not specific to that. For me, everytime I turn the box on there is nothing displayed and no sound. I have tried leaving the box on constantly but once the TV is off and then turned back on again I still get the blackscreen. I then have to re-boot the box and wait at least 10 minutes before anything is displayed and stable.

I have tried some of the other options posted including letting the TV start up fully first, then turning the box on, unplugging cables etc etc and still the only a full reboot and waiting seems to work.

Also as the V6 box does not display when you are recording anything when I re-boot anything being recorded is disrupted. 

0 Kudos
Em36
Tuning in
Message 26 of 234
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath,

Is there any indication when a fix will be in place?

As per the some of the other posts I also do not have a 4K TV, so this issue is not specific to this. For me I get the black screen with no sound and only seem to be able to get anything after a full reboot and waiting at least 10 mins for it to display and be stable (no flickering).

I have tried several of the workarounds, letting the TV boot up first, leaving the V6 box on constantly (returns to black screen when TV has been switched off and on again), removed and replace cables etc etc. 

Also as the V6 box does not display when programmes are being recorded I have disrupted recordings several times when trying to reboot. 

I only had the box installed last week so frustrated that I was not warned off this issue, or that this was not tested while the engineer was on site, also when calling tech support they did not seem aware and just told me not to turn the box off.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 27 of 234
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one and apologies my last work around didn't help Smiley Sad 

Are your Video Outputs set to 1080i? If so, changing this could also help. 

The issue is logged and we are working on a permanent fix so fingers crossed I'll have more news on this soon. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 28 of 234
Flag for a moderator

Em36 wrote:

Thanks Kath,

Also as the V6 box does not display when programmes are being recorded I have disrupted recordings several times when trying to reboot. 

When I need to reset I have a look at planned recordings on the anywhere app on my phone just to make sure and then I know exactly whats recording and for how long, although waiting an hour to reset the box is not always an option.

I don't have this often, but I have a standard HD tv, not 4k, and I used to also get this on a standard tv.

sometimes it will be a totally black screen (note the tv doesn't complain about missing signal), or sometimes menues are visible just no actual tv picture, and sometimes I have sound and sometimes I don't

It does tend to happen if I have previously used iPlayer.

tjc_2005
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 234
Flag for a moderator

I'd output mine to 2160p (4K) as soon as I got it so it's not that.

Thanks Kath.
0 Kudos
m-o-r-g
Dialled in
Message 30 of 234
Flag for a moderator

I recently had an issue with my setup, I tried all sorts, different cables, different hdmi ports  . . HDMI CEC on/ off . . standing on my head didn't even work . .

In the end I reset my TV . . and voila! all good . .  in my case it must be something to do with the digital handshake between tv - amp- xbox - tivo . . but it sorted it.

Your mileage may vary . .  but I thought it would be worth suggesting Smiley Happy

0 Kudos