Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 31 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 and Slingbox wont work together ! ! !

Hi gbjbasdw

Thank you for posting in the community.

If you upgrade to a V6 box you may keep the TiVo box for an additional cost. If you don't want the box you can take this to your local recycling centre.

As for the Slingbox this is a device that I am not familiar with so would not be able to offer any support on this unfortunately.

Thanks

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
gbjbasdw
Tuning in
Message 32 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I wont be paying an extra charge for using the old Tivo box as I pay quite enough to Virginmedia already !

Can I switch between the old TIVO and the new V6 box with just one connected to the coax cable at any one time without incurring an extra cost ? If not why ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 33 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Hi gbjbasdw

Thank you for your quick response to the community.

Unfortunately if you was to upgrade to a V6 and didn't want to pay for the TiVo to be in a different room then the V6 would be the only active box on the account and you would not be able to swap them over.

Our signal is only sent to the active boxes that are on the account.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Take care

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
gbjbasdw
Tuning in
Message 34 of 61
Flag for a moderator

The inconvenience is caused by you guys at Virginmedia as you rightly say.

Why would you have a Scart output on the V6 box that is NOT enabled ? This means that we have to mess around with HDMI splitters and HDMI to Scart/RCA converter boxes to link to our Slingboxes which worked fine using the Tivo with its Scart output. Guess it saved Virginmedia a few pence per box.

Think I will be staying with my old Tivo box for the foreseeable future.

0 Kudos
mrposh
Joining in
Message 35 of 61
Flag for a moderator

I wish I had stayed with the old box... I can't get the V6 one to work with the Slingbox despite getting all of the necessary splitters and converters - so annoying!  And Virgin have deactivated the old box.  Virgin, will you be able to reactive this and I am happy to return the V6 box... ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 36 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Hi mrposh

Thank you for coming back to me.

If you would like to change your package back to the TiVo and return the V6, just give our team a call on 150 from your Virgin landline or 0843 454 1111 from any other number and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Take care

Louise

Forum Team

0 Kudos
gbjbasdw
Tuning in
Message 37 of 61
Flag for a moderator

So I got my V6 box ( eventually after 2 dates when Virgin failed to deliver or having the decency to  tell me they would not be delivering ! )

Finally managed to get a HDMI2AV converter that worked ( attempt number 3 ! )

Now I am having trouble with the HDMI splitter :-(

I bought this cable from Banggood

https://www.banggood.com/HDMI-Male-to-2-HDMI-Female-1-in-2-out-Splitter-Adapter-Connector-Cable-p-94...

I can't see why but when I connect the input to the Tivo and output 1 to the TV it is fine BUT when I plug an HDMI cable into output2 ( with NOTHING attached to the end of it ) the TV picture and sound on the TV disappear ???? I've tried different cables, putting the TV onto output 2 and plugging a bare cable into output 1 - same result.

Any clever folk out there with any ideas why ?

0 Kudos
Insideinfo
Joining in
Message 38 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The splitter you have bought will not work. You need a powered device like this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Splitter-Xbox360-Blu-ray-Camcorder-Satellite-1X2/dp/B00LM4IJ60/ref=sr_1_9?s...

You will also get better reception through a Slingbox if you use an HDMI to Component splitter rather than an HDMI to Composite. This is an example:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Component-YPbPr-Converter-Adapter-Monitor-HDMI/dp/B0796S76TW/ref=sr_1_6?s=e...

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 39 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Pay a bit more for a proper powered box, I have this iSolem 2-Way HDMI switch splitter box which works.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/iSolem-Switch-Splitter-Input-Output/dp/B006KZBC92

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
craigyb
Tuning in
Message 40 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Deleted post

0 Kudos