Menu
Macs777
Tuning in
Message 11 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 and Slingbox wont work together ! ! !

Sorry Scart adaptor into HDMI converter then Red,White,Yellow, Jack plugs into Slingbox.

0 Kudos
nlpnow
Tuning in
Message 12 of 61
Flag for a moderator

There is only one output from a Virgin V6 box, that is HDMI, there is no conventional SCART output, I know it is labelled as such. I wish to connect from the V6 to any Slingbox, so logically HDMI to HDMI converter (HD Fury) to component on the Slingbox, as you say Red, White Yellow and Audio, with no monitor or TV. Can you confirm you are using the round SCART output, (this is not the conventional configuration/shape of a scart plug), as all postings on the V6 say that this socket is not enabled.

0 Kudos
Macs777
Tuning in
Message 13 of 61
Flag for a moderator

No I am not using the round scart socket on the V6. I use the HDMI socket from the V6 box via a splitter to HDMI -SCART converter, then a SCART lead to the Slingbox. All works.
0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 14 of 61
Flag for a moderator

@Macs777 Can I ask which one you use please as I have an original Slingbox and still have a TiVo the only reason I have held off changing to the V6 is the fact this stops my Slingbox working.

A link to the product on Amazon would be great.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Macs777
Tuning in
Message 15 of 61
Flag for a moderator

I have the Slingbox M1 model and the link for Amazon is www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KV6E61G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hope that helps.
mo2
Joining in
Message 16 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I managed to connect the slingbox to the v6 with a HDMI to scart converter.. but it seem that I will have to take the HDMI cable out of the converter and put it in the tv to watch it on my TV set.

is there another way?

thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 17 of 61
Flag for a moderator

You can get HDMI splitters that allow you to connect a STB to multiple display devices at the same time.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
SimonPetrou
Joining in
Message 18 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Apologies if you have already solved this but I have been fiddling around since getting my new V6 box and have finally got the slingbox connected and working fine on it.

All the bits to do it were bought on Ebay around £20

If anyone needs the info on how to do it let me know and I will do a breakdown of parts and connection details.

Regards

Simon

0 Kudos
Merryblue
Joining in
Message 19 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Simon I am coming late to this debate and am considering a Tivo 6, but Slingbox connectivity is essential. A step by step low-teach easy version would be great.

Thanks

Caroline

0 Kudos
JLittleman
Joining in
Message 20 of 61
Flag for a moderator

Hi Simon,

this would be very useful information - I have a V6 and a Slingbox M1 and have not got them running together yet.

Knowing the right cables and connections would be great.

Cheers JLittleman

0 Kudos