cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 and Samsung Universal Remote

kylbnkn
Tuning in

Hi all,

I've just purchased a new Samsung smart TV (Samsung UE65RU7400) and I'm trying to figure out how to use the universal remote with the V6.

The TV can see the V6 as an HDMI source, but when setting up the remote it asks if I can change the channel of the box... long story short, no, I can't. Any ideas? 

Thanks!

33 REPLIES 33

Hi Chrismuir87,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, I am sorry to hear you are having issues setting up your remote.

Have you tried the steps and links provided in the previous posts as they seem to have worked for the original poster.

Regards

Paul.

@Chrismuir87 wrote:

Hi having the same problem, did you ever get sorted?

...you need to read and follow whats been said  in message 9. Have you done this?

Huwger
Joining in

Did you ever resolve this? Im having exactly the same issue.

@Huwger wrote:

Did you ever resolve this? Im having exactly the same issue.

.....and as I said in my previous post above yours - you need to read and follow whats been said in message 9.

Have you done this?

Thank you for responding.  I couldn't see any specific advice on that thread.

In summary I have a new Samsung ue43u7100 and a virgin V6 box. Whin I first got the tv, I was able to control both the v6 and xbox with the Samsung remote after setup. After a week, it stopped working. I can still get the tv image on the hdmi, but the remote no longer works.

I have tried-

Resetting tv and v6 to factory settings

Samsung helpline. They took control of the tv remotely and confirmed the tv is working correctly. 

4 different hdmi cables in both ports.

Help!!!

Hi all,

Confirmed I got this working in the end.

The thing that fixed it was a better quality HDMI cable. Once that was in, everything worked fine first time. I only discovered this after mounting the TV on the wall when purchasing a new set of 5M cables.

Hopefully that fix works for others in the same position.

@Huwger wrote:

Thank you for responding.  I couldn't see any specific advice on that thread.

In summary I have a new Samsung ue43u7100 and a virgin V6 box. Whin I first got the tv, I was able to control both the v6 and xbox with the Samsung remote after setup. After a week, it stopped working. I can still get the tv image on the hdmi, but the remote no longer works.

I have tried-

Resetting tv and v6 to factory settings

Samsung helpline. They took control of the tv remotely and confirmed the tv is working correctly. 

4 different hdmi cables in both ports.

Help!!!

....sorry to state the obvious but have you tried new batteries in the remote?!!!

You could also try resetting the remote and re-pairing it to the tv :

https://en.tab-tv.com/?p=16969 

Didn't work unfortunately. 

Got a new HDMI cable arriving today so sll my hopes pinned on this!!!

This has unfortunately failed as well!!

What's even more frustrating is that it worked for a full week and then stopped. 

I've completely run out of ideas now!!

@Huwger wrote:

This has unfortunately failed as well!!

What's even more frustrating is that it worked for a full week and then stopped. 

I've completely run out of ideas now!!

...have you actually tried resetting the smart remote as per my earlier post (message 17) ?

If that doesn't work, I would also try going into your tv settings and choosing to run through the tv's initial set up again - this should walk you through to setting up the remote with all your devices again.

If this still doesn't work then it could just mean that your remote has developed a fault - you'll have to purchase a replacement (re-read my post in message 9 as there are several different variants). 

You can also try using the non-smart remote to see if that works with the V6 - if it does then your smart remote probably has developed a fault.