cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 W02 fault and severe pixelation for 8+ Days!

DavidA55
Joining in
South Birmingham Area

This fault developed after a service interruption on 30/8, the problem was registered with customer services and I was advised it would be resolved by 3/9. However, calls to 150 every day since get the auto response, of our 'engineers are working on the fault'.

Any one else suffering from this problem?

Is there any time scale on the fault, as most of my channels are unwatchable and the others get partial pixelation at times.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault - W02 is a classic "loss of signal" error. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's clearly a fault which can't be fixed remotely.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061 - any genuine area faults should be listed on here. If nothing's reported, you could have a different, possibly additional, issue. It would be rare for picture breakup to be going on this long - not impossible or unheard of, but rare.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault - W02 is a classic "loss of signal" error. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's clearly a fault which can't be fixed remotely.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061 - any genuine area faults should be listed on here. If nothing's reported, you could have a different, possibly additional, issue. It would be rare for picture breakup to be going on this long - not impossible or unheard of, but rare.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply.

Rang that number, auto response on my postcode, is that there is an ongoing technical issue, which taking time to resolve.

At least it confirms that the fault isn't my box. Just going to have to be patient.

Although I have looked at Virgin's competitors offers this morning!

Dave