cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 User No Package Options

steveconrad
On our wavelength

Hi,

Following the price increase warning email from Virgin I've been looking at if I can get a better value from my package. I've added stuff over time and currently are being charged just over £133 (soon to be £150) for:
- V6 box with TV Maxit package (includes BT sport UHD)
- Sky Sports and Movies (HD only),
- Netflix UHD
- M350 broadband
- phone line

I now see there's Sky Sports UHD available (when did that appear?) but that doesn't appear as an option to be added to my package on the website, nor is there any option to upgrade to 360 software.

It's almost as though my package has got messed up somehow so it doesn't conform to any normal upgrade routes. What I wanted was the UHD stuff (sky sports, bt, netflix), 350broadband and the phone but short of a hour wait in the Virgin queue to pay even more, I don't seem to have any way out. 

Almost certainly my bill's excessive (at least when comparing the existing bundles on their site) but I seems to be stuck with no way out. What are others paying for this sort of package.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The more complex your bundle is, the less likely an online route is going to work for you.

Also be very careful calling the TV360 route an upgrade - it's totally different software with pros & cons both ways, and a good comparison is of Apple being an upgrade to Android.

The bundles you see advertised on the website are the new-customer ones, you aren't a new customer so should be comparing your prices against the "after 18months" price you see.

There may be value in considering a Volt bundle which includes an O2 SIM - I'm not suggesting you use the SIM, but they do attract multibundle discounts that are quite generous even if you just file the SIM in a drawer and continue using your existing service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I've purposely never looked at and of the SIM deals as I'm quite happy with my mobile deal. It seems a waste to end up buying something I will likely never use, however I'll take a look.

I just hope the don't just try and add that to my existing package, leaving me no better off package wise.

So price wise, how close am I to the 18 month price as it stands?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@steveconrad wrote:
It seems a waste to end up buying something I will likely never use, however I'll take a look.

Indeed it does - but if the price "with" is cheaper than "without", the economics are different. 

I'm not saying it will be, but on fixed telephony it's long been that way. Mobile is starting to.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks