Menu
philw2
Tuning in
Message 11 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Upgrade

website upgrade virginmedia.com/getyouv6 still doesn't work!

Asks you to call the 0345 number. I'm sorry but I can't face being put through endless options and waiting music just because you cant fix the website problem.

If you want me to have this upgrade (which I suspect you don't?) please just send me the box and email me to tell me when it's arriving - it's that simple!

Philw2

PaulD4
Joining in
Message 12 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have the same issue.

Letter says I need to order a V6 as old box will become obsolete. No problem with that -

But the website link DOESN'T WORK !

Why do I need to order it anyway? If it's a free upgrade to replace obsolete kit then just send me the bleeding thing!

So now I've got order by phone which will probably mean being on hold for ages. In this technilogical age this simply isn't good enough.

Get your act together.

Also why isn't there a contact email for Virgin Media so I can complain about this?

mdwh
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 35
Flag for a moderator

@Hetty_R - I'm also having the same problems (redirected to https://store.virginmedia.com/existing-customer/my-offers/tv-box-upgrade which just says "Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online. Give us a call on 0345 454 1111 and we’ll be happy to help."), have tried this repeatedly. (I also get this same error if I try to make any changes to my TV, broadband or phone package.)

0 Kudos
HectorG12
Tuning in
Message 14 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Website now "working", at least for me, BUT BEWARE!!!!!

It said 12 month contract 'unless otherwise specified', but nothing was otherwise specified and my monthly charge was about to increase by £27.50 from £92.10 to £119.60, so did not confirm.

I checked that nothing had changed, then came out of the website and started again stating that box was going to be near the router (which it will not be) just in case that made a difference, but it did not.

I cannot believe that even Virgin would try to sneak in a £27.50/month increase, though nothing would surprise me. More likely a glitch in their dreadful system.

Will try again in a couple of days and if still a problem will try phoning them, though inconvenient to do so. If there are ongoing hassles I might just drop the TV (and phone line that's never used) and keep the broadband. More good stuff on streaming services (have NowTV and Amazon) than XL Full House TV. In fact, having just typed that, why am I paying Virgin?!

HectorG12
Tuning in
Message 15 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Further to above post, I've trawled through the forum and this is a well recognised problem. Apparently you have to phone them to get the charge corrected!

Interestingly, there are posts from as far back as March 2018 (possibly earlier) regarding the exact same problem, though the free upgrades then were optional rather than the upgrades that are now supposed to be essential before 28/02/18.

Scarcely credible, even for Virgin, to have not solved this in 10 months or more. Have they even bothered trying? You wonder how many people don't notice the price change on the website or subsequent bills if relatively small (e.g. £4.50 or £8.50 like some people reported) and continue with the higher charge. Don't imagine Virgin would let them know. If they do not correct charges except when asked and as they have known about this for almost a year it could well be regarded as criminal deception when the letter clearly states that 'your contract and monthly prices will stay the same'.

Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 16 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi All, 

Thanks for your posts and apologies for any and all confusion caused. 

The V6 box shouldn't increase your monthly price, nor put you in to a new contract. 

There is a fault we are aware of and it's to do with the online portal not reading your actual billing codes when trying to change this with us on our accounts system and this creates the problem we are seeing. Some people will be OK as they may have different codes on their package.
Please contact our teams via Webchat or on the phone where they can support with this and update this for free for you. You can contact via 150 or 0345 454 1111.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
HectorG12
Tuning in
Message 17 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Tried phoning once without success so decided to just wait and see what happened. Today there was another phone call from 08000521251 and the wee Chinese-sounding guy with the squeaky voice (is there only one of them or do they all just sound the same) was phoning specifically regarding the upgrade so I went ahead. I had 2 concerns.

Firstly he said it had to be installed by an 'engineer' and it took quite a bit of persuading to have him agree to send it to a local pickup point for me to do it myself, which is an option via the website. He claimed that an 'engineer' visit for this would be free but I believe the charge is £40. It's a pain to have to have someone wait in for a visit even if it might be free.

Secondly, he did not ask if the box would be near the router or not so I pointed out that the new box would be downstairs but the router was upstairs and that I understood from my previous attempt to arrange it online that some additional equipment was required. He did not seem to have a clue, just repeating that all the cables you need are in the box. I re-explained another twice but was simply told each time not to worry and that all the cables are in the box! I rather doubt if the additional equipment (just a homeplug type device?) will be there, but you never know!

Delivery expected to a local shop on Tuesday 19th.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi HectorG12,

Thanks for keeping us updated, please let us know how you get on with your delivery on Tuesday.

With regards to connecting the V6 box, it is recommended to be done via a wired connection as this gives the optimum connection. However, it can connect through WiFi. 

We can send booster within the same order for the hub so if the team have advised you will receive this, I would expect this to be delivered sat the same time. 

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
philw2
Tuning in
Message 19 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lindsey_C

Why is the website option still not working?

Still get......

"

Please call us about your upgrade

We're really sorry, but we won't be able to sort your upgrade through our website. Instead, please give us a quick ring so we can go through the details with you.

Call us on 0345 454 1111 from any UK landline or mobile"

There's no such thing as a quick ring to that number.....

Phil

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi philw2,

Very sorry to hear this is still causing issues for you.

Unfortunately, if you aren't able to process this on our website, you would need to give us a call on the number advised and the team will be more than happy to help.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos