Menu
philw2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

V6 Upgrade

I recieved a letter today informing me that I need to upgrade my box to V6 by 28 Feb.

It said go the web address virginmedia.com/getyourv6.

I followed the instructions only to be told the request can't be processed via the web! Instead call

03454541111. So I did. Listened to all the options but non relate to TV box upgrade. So just picked one nearest. Then told to hang on for 20mins as they are busy! I hung up as I can't afford to waste so much time.

This is really poor and badly thought through.

I've also been getting calls from unrecognised numbers telling me about the upgrade. These people who I no idea whether they are genuine or not are asking me for personal details to verify myself when they have rung my number!!! I NEVER give personal details to unsolicited calls - could end up in big trouble.

If this is virgin media, they need to get their act together.

As a result, I'm thinking of moving away from Virgin Media as they clearly don't know how to handle customers effectively or securely.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Upgrade

150 from your Virgin phone (free).

Option 1 then 4 then 5.

This will get you through to UK Retentions who should be able to deal with this for you.

Some TV boxes are now obselete so the info you are getting is true.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
philw2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but just put on hold (loud music) for over 10 mins. Fed up of wasting my time.

Their customer service is terrible.

If you've got an email or normal mail address to write to I'd appreciate it.

They don't put any correspondence addresses on their letters.

0 Kudos
Chandy03
Joining in
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I am currently having exactly the same issue.

I also tried the online chat and was told to call 150 option 1 and option 1.  On hold for 20 minutes also.

I thought it would be easy with the link they suggest in the letter but that's only for new customers.

Highlighted
Dan1977
Tuning in
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Try this link - https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/customer/getyourv6.html

Am now trying to find a way to order 'self install' rather than stay in for an engineer...setting it up yourself is talked about on the website but the default is booking an engineer once you start the upgrade process.

0 Kudos
Dan1977
Tuning in
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

On the self-install - just discovered that if you have a V6 box already and are upgrading a second box then you have to have an engineer install it.

0 Kudos
philw2
Tuning in
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I tried the link suggested and alas got:-

Please call us about your upgrade

We're really sorry, but we won't be able to sort your upgrade through our website. Instead, please give us a quick ring so we can go through the details with you.

Call us on 0345 454 1111 from any UK landline or mobile

Do they not check the text of their letters before they send them out? This is just basic incompetance.

0 Kudos
Chandy03
Joining in
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

It's a farce.  I eventually got through on the phone yesterday. I've arranged for the box to be delivered to install myself.  But it's an all day slot so still have to sit in for the delivery. Oh I asked for clarification that there will be no charge for the box or the tv package as there are a lot of complaints on this forum.  She confirmed I will be charged an additional £1 a month 'because it's a better box'.

There's also a lot of complaints on here about the new box not working properly ........the saga continues

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi philw2, 

Welcome to our community forums! 

I am really sorry you've been having some problems upgrading your box. All customers who have a V+ or VHD box are eligible for the free upgrade, we are aware there has been an issue with our online page and working to get this resolved. Have you managed to request the upgrade since your post? If not please pop back on here and we can look to get this sorted for you.

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chandy03, 

Welcome to our community forums!

Apologies you've also been experiencing some problems upgrading your box. It is a free upgrade and there should be no additional costs, if you've not been able to get this resolved please let us know and we will be more than happy to look into this for you. 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos