cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Tivo keeps turning off

laurakelly1989
Tuning in

For the last few weeks my tivo will turn itself off and take a few hours to boot up again and even switching off when I'm watching the TV, I have has a new v6 installed yesterday as I had the green dvr error screen and its happening with this new box also can anyone help please

7 REPLIES 7

laurakelly1989
Tuning in

Screenshot_20220317-194226_WhatsApp.jpg

laurakelly1989
Tuning in

Screenshot_20220317-194212_WhatsApp.jpg

laurakelly1989
Tuning in

Those 2 images are from today, once when it was booting for 3 hours amd this is the brand new replacement v6 box, thanks 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like a faulty box to me - the occasional overnight reboot is perfectly normal, perhaps the odd lockup - but nothing more than that. Oh, and a reboot should take perhaps 5-10 minutes - anything more than that and it's clearly not well.

Either call into report it immediately, or wait here a couple of days for staff to pickup.

Edited to add: rather than make repeated short posts, you have a short time after posting to edit your posts by choosing "post options" in the top-right corner, and "edit post" - that saves several replies to yourself 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply and info haha but also this is the 2nd box now was literally installed on Tuesday, so you think it's likely to have the same issue?

When you got your replacement V6 did they also replace the power supply/lead at the same time?

If not, perhaps the problem could lie in the power supply? (or even in the wall socket itself, although unlikely)

Keith

That's a thought, I'm not sure if it was replaced or not its my grandad who is having the issues I will check that with him also, he is still having the same issues today so I'm going to pop down and have a look at the set up