Menu
mm_cambs_26
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 TV Box keeps freezing and restarting

Hi everyone,

I've seen this issue posted a few times but just wondered if anyone had found a solution. We received a V6 box in mid-June as support was ending for the old Virgin TV box we had.

For the first few weeks it worked okay, but recently it has been freezing and then (very slowly) restarting, often 7 or 8 times a day, often only working for 15-20 mins before shutting down. Yesterday (Sunday) morning it would not switch on at all, so we called Customer Services and the representative managed to get it working again. However since then it has shut down (instantly, no freezing) and restarted several times, and there was an image on the screen for a while that looked like a 'downloading' icon (an arrow pointing down to a box) after which it took about 30 mins to restart. 

Is there any way we can fix this ourselves, or do we need an engineer/new V6 box? We have restarted the box, disconnected and reconnected the cables etc multiple times and it hasn't helped.

Thanks!

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 TV Box keeps freezing and restarting

A box that's freezing like you describe, and rebooting any more than once a week, is not very well.

I'd report that to VM before it becomes terminal.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 TV Box keeps freezing and restarting

A warm welcome to our Community Forum mm_cambs_26 and sorry to hear about your V6 Box freezing and restarting. I've had a look at it's details and cannot find any issues relating to the tuners and the hard drive looks okay too. Can I ask whether it's in a well ventilated area? It does look a bit high but I'm trying to be really picky.

Have you seen the icon pop up and is it still behaving like you've described since you last posted? Please let us know as we may need to send out a new TV Box for you.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos