cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Stuttering/Flickering on start up

D_Mills88
Tuning in

Almost lost it with my box today, This has been happining for a few months now but today tipped me over the edge.

Upon booting up the Box, no matter what channel, recording or app. My picture will flicker and stutter uncontroabley. I have to turn it off at the wall and reboot and its normally ok after 1 cycle but today for over an Hour it would not stop! I gave up in the end.

*No its not the HDMI lead, nor arial connection

If anyone has any fix for this that would be lovley or do i just need a new box?

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How do you know it's not the HDMI lead? You've described a problem that seems consistent with all video output. So it's likely to be something on the HDMI chain from V6 to TV. You'd need to eliminate both the lead & HDMI port on your TV as well as the V6.

Altering the output resolution on your V6 would be one thing to eliminate - Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video output

VM, being a cable operator, doesn't have aerial connections - but I presume you mean the coax cable that carries live TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Japitts -

HDMI was easy and the first thing to rule out as i have 3 other devices that ive swapped between and all different inputs - Low and behold as i described it still happens.

Resolution - This shouldn't be a issue nor fix for me to have adjust a setting to get my box to work then adjust it back

Aerial/Coxal, Tomato/Tomata haha