cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Sound drops randomly

mattt586
Tuning in

Hi,

I've had my v6 for 12 months now and im still suffering with this stupid sound dropping issue and nobody sorts it. I've been offered a new box but tht would be my THIRD one. ts not a faulty v6 its a fault with ALL v6's looking at all the posts on this issue.

I have paid over £1200 for the last 12 months TV and had to put up with this issue. How is that acceptable? I'm sure SKY don't have this issue. As EVERY other device I plug into my TV works a treat.

I can now leave to go to Sky now if I want. It may cost me more but it might be worth it if you are never going to fix this issue!. Also they have plenty of HD films available and virgins line up is a joke. I find myself streaming online more as they are better quality!!!.

Are you going to address this issue or not???

TRIED ALL THE USUAL, NEW CABLES ETC. ITS 100% THE BOX AND TRIED 2 BOXES!!

Thanks

Matt

92 REPLIES 92

compliance1321
Joining in

I have had this issue for a while, I have tried chainging hte hdmi, I have also rebooted the box at the mains, nothing works

Hi compliance1321, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with the sound, can you please confirm the following for me-

Does the loss of sounds affect all channels?

Does it happen at any specific time?

Is the box connected via Ethernet or WiFi to the hub?

Alex_Rm

I had this after buying a Creative Stage soundbar.  After a lot of trials I found an occurrence where it was on the Tivo box but not on a blu-ray (see below).  It was not a problem on the TV alone (a useful check for others) so it was the interaction between Tivo and the soundbar.  After a lot of dialogue  Creative sent a 'Stage firmware Audio fix' which finally worked.  I hope that this helps others to pinpoint an intermittent problem.  The Tivo V6 still sounds poor - but that is a different thread! 

EXAMPLE of sound muting intermittently is in the film 'Assassins Creed' after 9 minutes when the priest visits the Michael Fassbender character. This was via a Virgin TV/ Tivo box connected via HDMI. It affects the soundbar but NOT the TV speakers, or the blu-ray.

robamacs
On our wavelength

I have decided to move to Sky when its time to renew. I cant be **bleep** with Virgins rubbish customer service, or total lack of help.

So in reality I only have a couple of months left. One other thing with this 'garbage' product, is the fact that come channels, like 5HD go from ebing actual Dolby 5.1, to a 'fake' surround, where the voices come out of all 3 front speakers. the product, service, and helplines are just garbage.

robamacs
On our wavelength

Can somebody tell me who to get in touch with to leave this chicken **bleep** setup???????

2 weeks of being punted to **bleep**tards who cant speak English, who I cant make understand anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Months of sound issues STILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only one (x1) piece of **bleep** V6 box that works.

Next to no bandwidth since the BT **bleep**wits have been messing withy the cabs, and next to NO WIFI speed.....all of 4-20mbps.

IM PAYING £99 PER MONTH FOR THE ULTIMATE **bleep** BUNDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A **bleep** JOKE!!!!!!!!!!

I've emailed both Watchdog, and Joe Lycett about this shower of **bleep** company. Have already had a reply message from Joe Lycett's people.

Will be chatting to them soon apparently.

Hi robamacs,

Thanks for your post. What other boxes do you have and what issues are you having with them? Are you also having speed issues on your wired connections or are you able to try the speeds on a wired connection?

Cheers,

Corey C

robamacs
On our wavelength

I have 2 V6 boxes. 1 does not work at all,  the other keeps glitching.

My speed is down to about 5-20mbs.

I need an engineer out. I'm paying you people £99 per month on the ultimate oomph bundle. I have spent 2 weeks trying to speak to somebody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also want my MAC code as I'm moving my phone from you and then all my services when my 12 months is up in about 6 weeks time.......BUT I CANT GET THROUGH TO ANYBODY TO GET MY MAC CODE EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM SICK OF YOUR COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IVE HAD TO SUFFER NOTHING BUT MISERY FOR NEARLY 12 MONTHS WITH YOUR CRAPPY SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for replying, robamacs. 

I'll be sending you a PM shortly so I can get your details.

Cheers,

Corey C

Had random problems since my new install on my 4K Atmos TV and soundbar setup, the most persistent being this 1 second audio drop out problem on Dolby feeds. Have now sorted all issues by buying a set of "8k" HDMI leads off of amazon, 3 for £20. seems the 4k Ethernet HDMI cables supplied were not good enough. new cables i bought say they are 48GBps and as I say have fixed all my issues, including a weird video output issue that turned the picture blue or showed nothing at all!

"Had random problems since my new install on my 4K Atmos TV and soundbar setup, the most persistent being this 1 second audio drop out problem on Dolby feeds. Have now sorted all issues by buying a set of "8k" HDMI leads off of amazon, 3 for £20. seems the 4k Ethernet HDMI cables supplied were not good enough. new cables i bought say they are 48GBps and as I say have fixed all my issues, including a weird video output issue that turned the picture blue or showed nothing at all"

You've basically wasted your money on cables you don't need with abilities you cannot exploit.

Older devices predating HDMI version 2.1 cannot benefit from the additional bandwith associated with 8K video cables. The older HDMI version 2.0 chipsets are limited to just 18Gbps and connot utilise the 2 additional wires within the aforementione UKTRA cables associated with HDMI 2.1 that allow a cable to convey 48Gbps. Cables earmarked as 48Gbps. ULTRA HDMI and or 8K are utterly pointless if used in a setup devoid of HDMI 2.1 equipped hardware. You only get the additional bandwidth if one HDMI version 2.1 equipped device is connected to another HDMI version 2.2 device.

Also note that the V6 box itself has an inherant fault that causes the audio dropouts and it isn't a cable issue. I'd surmise the issue is hardware based as opposed to being an issue with the software or the firmware  I suggest this because Virgin do appear to be aware of the issue and the issue has been present for some considerable time, yet Virgin haven't or cannot rectify it. The issue probably hasn't even been reported to the division within Liberty Global in charge of hardware precurement and supply of the STBs. If not then they aren't passing the problem back to the manufacturer who be the only party to be able to resolve the issue. I'd also sumise that Liberty wont ideally want to have to start replacing the faulty boxes with ones that have had the issue addressed at a hardware level.

To elaborate, I'm a well respected AV enthusiast who has had this issue for over 4 years. Over this period I've had 2 V6 STB, 3 TVs, 2 AV receivers and tried multiple HDMI cables that have no issue with any other device they are used with and regardless of whatever changes have been made to my setup, the issue persists.