cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Software Using New Remote Control

Davflix
Tuning in

My old V6 Box recently broke down and the engineer yesterday has replaced it with a Duel V6/360 (software supported) Box.

VM won't allow me to upgrade to the new 360 software as they say that my discount deals have to end first. So I'm stuck in the V6 Software. The New Remote Control doesn't have the 'Thumbs Up' / 'Thumbs Down' Buttons, so I can't set up my Favourites or Improve my Suggestions. Is there and way to do this using the New Remote Control without these buttons? The Old remote control won't work on this box. 

Also not having the 'My Shows' and 'Clear' Buttons is really annoying and makes it much harder to use.  

Thank you for any help you can give.

13 REPLIES 13

No it's a brand new box with the new type remote. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Right let's assume nothing here...

There's pictures of the different boxes and remotes here - it's the software that decides the remote and functionality, not the box.

TiVo-software (which makes the box a V6) has the TiVo-logo in the top-right corner next to the video preview, Horizon software (which makes it a TV360) doesn't.

If you have a V6, then your old remote should still work with the new V6. Did the tech give you the remote as part of an "I am converting to TV360" conversation? As already mentioned - a TiVo/V6 > TV360 conversion isn't something you can do accidentally, you will have been offered it or asked for it.

I suggest posting some photos of your equipment, and the user-interface your box is running.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your support. This has now been fixed as CS reset the box which allowed it to finally pair with the old remote. All is now working as it should. 

Hi @Davflix,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you were having issues with your 360 software. We are however glad that our customer service team was able to help with resolving this. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs