Menu
bruven
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

V6 Software Upgrade Today. Where is the Changelog? Does it fix "wake from standby issues"?

Recently my V6 has started frequently suffering from the "wake from standby issue" that seems to be affecting many users. After having to switch my V6 off and on again to recover, I noticed it was performing an upgrade after several minutes. The software version is now: 20.7.6.RC-20-VMB-11-C68. Is this the latest version? Where can I find the Changelog, so that I can find out what has changed and what has been fixed? In particular, does it fix the "wake from standby issue"?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Software Upgrade Today. Where is the Changelog? Does it fix "wake from standby issues"?

It is the latest release. There is no published change log.

0 Kudos
bruven
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Software Upgrade Today. Where is the Changelog? Does it fix "wake from standby issues"?

Thanks Ernie_C for confirming that my V6 now has the latest release.

However surely it is poor customer support practice from VirginMedia not to publish a Changelog to keep users informed about what has changed. At the very least publishing what has changed would significiantly reduce the number of support calls to VirginMedia, as many users waiting for fixes would have their questions answered by reading the Changelog.

In my case, I still need to find out if this upgrade has fixed my "wake from standby issues"? I am getting irritated having to turn my V6 on and off to recover from standby, as it takes significant time and also risks stopping with recordings, because the V6 does not show if it is recording unlike the previous TIVO. I have turned off the Power Saving Settings for the time being until I can get confirmation that this issue is fixed. The alternative is spending at least a quarter of an hour to make a support call or go down the route of trial and error testing.  

So where can I find the unpublished version of the changelog? Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
appleaday
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I got this update yesterday also but only on 1 of my boxes

0 Kudos
bruven
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Did your V6 update automatically or did you do a hard restart (turning the power on and off)? My update occured after being forced to do a hard restart to recover from my "wake from standby issues".

0 Kudos
Rossmor48
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My V6 updated automatically overnight between Thursday and Friday.

0 Kudos
appleaday
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It was early Friday morning,

I have 3 V6 boxes, only my main box has had the update thus far 

0 Kudos
dante01
Rising star
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Did you buy a ticket?

What you need is a Virgin Media Firmware Update Raffle Ticket (VMFURT). Your number will be put into the tombola every Thursday and the lucky winners get their V6 box's firmware updated Smiley Happy 

G4DDS
Rising star
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The bedroom V6 updated over night (early hours of Saturday morning). Living room V6 has not yet updated. Thought both would happen together to be honest.

Noticed they fixed the 30 second skip (which was broken after the swap to H264) and iPlayer now seems to have an UHD test trial option.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 350Mb BB, Full House TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime with Caller Display
Equipment: 2 x V6 (connected to Panasonic TX-P42S30B & LG 43UJ701V),
1Tb TiVo (connected to Panasonic TX-L32G20B), Super Hub 3
0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

After reading the above, I have just rebooted my V6, how long does it take? I have the installing software on screen?

Also, what is the update?

0 Kudos