Menu
Highlighted
IJLat43
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 Slow to Tune on Channel Change

A few weeks ago my V6 became slow when tuning when I change channel. The remote works fine, the channel changes but the screen stays blank for what seems like ages, but is probably only a second or 2.  

I have reset the box both from the settings and power off and I have checked the connectors. Is there anything else I can try?

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Slow to Tune on Channel Change

Even though you say that the remote works fine I'd still put in new batteries.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Morning IJLat43,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your V6. Let me help you get this sorted. 

As you've already tried a reset on the box, I'm gonna send you a PM so I can look further into this for you. 

Joe_F

0 Kudos
IJLat43
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. Swapped the batteries but didn't solve the problem. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@IJLat43 wrote:

A few weeks ago my V6 became slow when tuning when I change channel. The remote works fine, the channel changes but the screen stays blank for what seems like ages, but is probably only a second or 2.  

I have reset the box both from the settings and power off and I have checked the connectors. Is there anything else I can try?

It also sounds a bit like it could be your TV maybe reacting to a change of resolution and going blank while it re-syncs?

Does it do it on every channel change, or only some?  What about between, for example, BBC1HD and BBC2HD (which I'd expect to be the same resolution)?

See the thread linked below for a discussion on it - you could try setting your V6 output to 2160 only and see if that helps?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/4K-Upscaling-V6-or-tv-it-s-your-choice/m-p/4014369...

Keith

Superuser1718.png

0 Kudos
IJLat43
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Keithse

I have set the video output to 2160 and it has improved. I don't think it is a good as it was previously but I can live with it and not worth an engineer visiting.

Not sure why this occured as I have had virgin media for 18 months and the same TV all that time, I haven't changed any of the settings.

Thanks for your help.

Ian

0 Kudos