cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 S101 error after engineer visit.replacement hub+cable for broadband

ester83
Joining in

Please help, I have a bit of a saga, and I keep getting asked to call customer services after X date when the 'area issue' should be fixed but am >3 weeks in and no further forwards.

An engineer visited for my internet on the 24th May (that was also a saga), he tested the hub and provided a new one and said it was fine, also did some stuff at the wall that he said should have been done on any previous visit. Then somehow I think we got to changing the cables too. I was a bit distracted by him telling me about his relationship break up and asking if I had any painkillers which was just, weird and awkward. However internet fixed so great on that part at least.

Since then I have an error S101 and searching the forums suggested this either meant something wasn't plugged in (triple checked) or I needed to call customer services which I hate doing but understand sometimes necessary. Resets of hub/restarts of V6 make no difference.

Called it in 4th of June to be told nothing could even be tested due to an area service problem (neighbours all fine) which would be fixed on the 10th of June which seemed poor but ok.

Called this morning and told should be fixed today- online service checker said due to be fixed today (16th June) at 15.00

- checked the service checker online at 1700 and that said the issue had been cleared, when I called the service checker the separate automated message about TV coverage had gone (we have a generic 'we are improving services in your area this may affect your tv/broadband and we should be done 12/1/3pm message that has been playing when you call 150 since at least April, often usually gives that timing even though it's already the evening so I don't have much confidence in that).

On the basis of service checker saying fixed, and as the phone said fixed I stealed myself to call again this evening just to try and get it sorted out to be told that no, there is still an area issue which is apparently only affecting me as no issues for any of the neighbours and I'm closest to the box and it would be pretty coincidental for my outage to have occurred after the engineer visit? Though I did wonder whether it might be that mine V6 box is the only one that has had to do an update in that time as that might explain it? I've suggested that on the phone but no one knows, and no one seems particularly interested in helping just that nothing can be done until area issue resolved, still. Apparently there is no way for me to find out if the outage has actually been resolved without calling and sitting on hold to speak to a person.

Frankly I'm dreading having to call again, I'm autistic, phone calls take a massive amount out of me especially fitting them around a working day but I just keep being told to call again and getting nowhere. I'd much rather email/message about issues. So if anyone knows of the V6 box having this error after a new hub/cable that would be much appreciated.

Previous 3 years been totally hassle free and very quick to resolve the one issue I had, this year has not gone well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm not surprised about the social meeja side referring you here - it really isn't the best medium for querying faults IMO.

If you stick around here, staff will respond. Ordinarily they tend to work through posts where community-based support has been exhausted first, in this case you've been doing all the right things with phone-based C/S and seem to be being let down. So I'll wave my VIP magic wand and push you up their queue.

You're unlikely to get a response tonight, but hang on in there tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ordinarily I'd just ask whether anything's showing on the status line 0800 5610061. This is often better at reporting localised/street-level issues such as this.

If I were you I'd wait around here for staff to respond - hopefully will only be a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I rang the status line a few times, that's how I discovered that the particular message that was there previously about the TV issue had gone, and therefore I presumed it was resolved and why I waited for half an hour on hold to speak to a person.

(The generic tv/internet we are making improvements in your area message that has been on the line every time I have called in the last 2 months doesn't seem very relevant when it's there permanently regardless as to whether our internet or tv is working).

But the person I spoke to said that no, it wasn't resolved and there was no way for me to find that out going forwards without me waiting on hold to find out as they have the most up to date information. Hence my issues with the 'mixed messages' about this as it doesn't follow.

If I can know its resolved I can manage to ring, but it's too problematic to have to do that over and over and twitter peeps didn't have any suggestions even though I am much happier communicating via typed medium.

So I braved another call and it said it needed to restart my tv equipment and would take 10 mins, it didnt' restart it, then if I stayed on hold longer it seems that  it wasn't fixed yesterday like they said it would (like they said it would be 10th June) as the TV fault specific message has now returned if you call customer services. Still awaiting that great customer service that gets promised. But not sure if that means that I am supposed to ring daily to find out or not. Still don't know how to go forwards from this.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm not surprised about the social meeja side referring you here - it really isn't the best medium for querying faults IMO.

If you stick around here, staff will respond. Ordinarily they tend to work through posts where community-based support has been exhausted first, in this case you've been doing all the right things with phone-based C/S and seem to be being let down. So I'll wave my VIP magic wand and push you up their queue.

You're unlikely to get a response tonight, but hang on in there tomorrow.

Thank you!

Thanks for also confirming that I've done the right things too as when it goes round in circles I start to wonder if there is some protocol I'm missing. I was very easy going about it when told I needed to wait for the 10th June, sometimes stuff happens, but waiting for an unspecified date not so easy.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ester83,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear this and I will be more than happy to look into this for you. 

As I have been unable to locate your account using your Forum info, I am going to pop you a PM now so I can take down your account details.

Speak soon. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Have replied Ayisha 🙂

No sure why this got marked as solved as it most definitely isn't!

Was told the area issue would be fixed 24th June, guess what it still isn't solved and have now been told 30th June, unsurprisingly I don't have much faith in that.

Finally after the date of the area SNR fix got put back and put back and never actually fixed on the 16th July 😮 an engineer replaced the faulty cable the previous engineer had left. A lot of stress for just a cable.