cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Remote pairing

Ollieslad01
Tuning in

Hi,

Can anyone please help before I lose the will to live lol.

I received a new remote for my v6 box and it operates the tv fine and the v6 box fine when the cabinet drawer that the v6 box is in is pulled down but will not work when the drawer is up which we need to do as have young children toddling about.

I know the remote can be paired as the last one worked fine when the drawer was up. I've tried pessing the minus button on the front of the v6 box for 10 seconds but the white light just flashes once. I've tried pressing the info button on the remote for 7 seconds but I dont get a green light just a solid red light as I'm pressing.

On the message screen it says no remote is paired to the v6 box so not sure why it's not accepting the new remote.

Any help greatly appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ollieslad01 

It sounds like you need to reset the remote first.

Just follow the instructions on the following link (page 3 shows how to reset it)

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/not-working-v6 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ollieslad01 

It sounds like you need to reset the remote first.

Just follow the instructions on the following link (page 3 shows how to reset it)

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/not-working-v6 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for replying so quickly.

Reset the remote but still exactly the same. I set the remote up so it controls volume etc but still the same when trying to pair 😥😥

Hi, have you tried HOME > Help and Settings > Settings > Devices > Remote control pairing.  Then Unpair all V6 Remotes, the select pair V6 Remote and follow the instructions on screen.

Hope this helps

Regards

Rich

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

Thanks for your reply rich.

Yes, I've tried that to no avail and eventually it just comes up with pairing unsuccessful 

Hi there @Ollieslad01

Thank you for updating, I just want to clarify something. In your initial post you've said the remote works fine when the cabinet is open, is that right? 

When you have tried to pair the remote have you done so with the cabinet open or shut? 

Thanks again. 

Hi ash, thanks for your reply.

Yes I've tried pairing with the drawer open. I've tried resetting the new remote and impairing all remotes. Strange thing is though, is when I reset the old remote it let's me pair that one no problem.  It's just a shame the buttons are knackered as I'd use that one lol

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Just to check - the old and new remotes are the same size?

There is an older and bigger IR only remote for the TiVo boxes which will control the V6 box - but obviously not when there isn't line of sight
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hi ben. Many thanks for your reply.

My original remote does look very similar to the new one the virgin engineer left but is indeed slightly smaller. Would this make a difference ?

Many thanks 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yes. They should be identical for the RF remote.

Here's a picture of them both side-by-side
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/More-Than-One-Remote-on-a-V6/m-p/4491109#M83208

One of the left is the RF remote for the V6. One on the right is the older IR only remote that works for both.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own