cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Remote Pairing Problem

Sambick18
Joining in

Hi,

We've been having some issues with our once perfectly working v6 remote. Before you could use it with ease, even when the box was hidden away. But for some reason or another, this function has become obsolete. I've tried unparing the remote and resetting using the info/clear buttons, but all I keep getting Is flashing red buttons rather that green ones. Therefore, how can I set the remote back up so that we can use it whilst hiddden Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

22 REPLIES 22

Same issue here unfortunately.

On the Tivo screen it tells me 'There is no V6 remote paired with your Virgin TV V6 Box.' and tells me to press and hold Info.  All that happens when I press it until I let go is the light is red (but sometimes orange?).   I've tried holding the - button on the Tivo and doing it after that too (once the white light comes back on) - no difference.

When going through the V6 instructions, it says for more help go online to virginmedia.com/v6pairing - which doesn't exist.

Batteries are new.

Is it the pairing that allows it to be used without line of sight (RF) - as the remote does work but needs to be pointing right at the box.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @sjw211 

Try this link https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/not-working-v6 

If it doesn't open in your browser either try an incognito window or a different browser.

Also if that doesn't fix your remote then try this link to order a replacement remote. It also contains a link to the TV Control app which you can use as a temporary remote. Same advice as the other link, if it doesn't work try a different browser/incognito window.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/download-tv-control-app 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks, I'd followed that though.  It all seems to work until the 'Hold Info Button' stage.

Although the Box tells me there is no remote paired, the remote does work.  Does this mean it's in IR mode and 'Pairing' means RF transmission?

I ordered a new one, it will be interesting to see if it works - cheers.

The remote is brand new by the way - I've never used it.  I use a Harmony Elite but needed to get this out to 'teach' a function that didn't seem to show up.