cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Remote Pairing Problem

Sambick18
Joining in

Hi,

We've been having some issues with our once perfectly working v6 remote. Before you could use it with ease, even when the box was hidden away. But for some reason or another, this function has become obsolete. I've tried unparing the remote and resetting using the info/clear buttons, but all I keep getting Is flashing red buttons rather that green ones. Therefore, how can I set the remote back up so that we can use it whilst hiddden Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

22 REPLIES 22

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi PhilSand,

Thanks for your post and I am sorry to hear this, how old is your box is this newly installed?
Are you able to get to settings?

thanks,

Zoie

Stan4olino
Joining in

The accepted answer is only pairing for infrared so it will not work if you put the box in a cupboard. 

Try this:

1. Press the Channel Down button on
the front of the Virgin TV V6 box for
10 seconds.
2. Then, hold the Info button down on the
remote for 7 seconds.
3. The light in the top of the remote will
flash green twice.
4. Your remote is now paired, so it'll work
even if your box is hiding in a cupboard.

Gr8manc
On our wavelength

I recently had the same issue after my old remote stopped working I ordered a replacement. The new one didn't work very well after pairing, I realised that I had never seen any green led light on it so wondered if it even had one! as other other posts said red indicates signal to Tivo box and green if paired to TV, even though paired with TV and did work it the led still flashed red.

The remote was brand new supplied with batteries so I assumed they were ok - well that turned out to be the issue for me - some fresh well branded batteries and went through the quick pairing process and hey presto I'm up and running.

So just put this here as sometimes it's the simplest things that cause the biggest issues...

TRT1968
Superfast

I'm also having trouble with this. I never paired the remote in the new house but now I need to and it just won't work. Reset remote and changed batteries (tried 3 premium makes). Nothing. Very annoying indeed. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi TRT1968,

Have you followed the TV remote help on the following page ? virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/not-working-v6 

You can order a new remote online via this link virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/download-tv-control-app 

There's a link on the same page to download the TV Control app which you can use until you receive a replacement remote.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi there @TRT1968

Thank you so much for posting and I'm so sorry you are having issues with your remote. Can I ask if you have been able to follow the advise given by @newapollo?

Thank you.

I obtained a new remote today. It's slightly different to the old one, but it works! I can now use the box when out of line of sight.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again TRT1968,

That's great news. Thanks for the update.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

virtualkev
Tuning in
My issue also - a brand new box and remote and the batteries were fubar'd so changing them to a gold and black named brand and it's all happy and remote blinks 2 green lights instead of all red ones1
Geek.

This easier than the "through the menus" technique has managed to link my remote, at last, but only after replacing batteries with some rechargeable ones despite output of original batteries supposedly being good and strong. Engineer (visiting for a different issue with broadband) didn't manage to solve it when here.

Thanks this method and new batteries works.