cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Remote Pairing Problem

Sambick18
Joining in

Hi,

We've been having some issues with our once perfectly working v6 remote. Before you could use it with ease, even when the box was hidden away. But for some reason or another, this function has become obsolete. I've tried unparing the remote and resetting using the info/clear buttons, but all I keep getting Is flashing red buttons rather that green ones. Therefore, how can I set the remote back up so that we can use it whilst hiddden Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

michaeldavis
Well-informed

The LED's are not really an indication of the mode the remote is functioning in, it is more of a case that green LED's are signals to the TV and red LED are signals to the V6 box.

"I've tried unparing the remote and resetting using the info/clear buttons"  this is not the procedure to unpair the remote.
You would need to:
Press and hold the CLEAR and TV buttons at the same time until the LED flashes green twice
Press the Thumbs down button three times then press ok
The LED will flash green twice, Press Ok, wait until the LED is off
Your remote would then be unpaired.

One reason why you may not a response from the remote is low battery power, RF mode can eat batteries, I tend to use something like Duracell as they last longer than cheap ones.  Try changing the batteries for new ones, if this does not solve the issue completely power down the V6 box, using the on/off switch at the rear of the box, wait 30 seconds and restore the power.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

22 REPLIES 22

michaeldavis
Well-informed

The LED's are not really an indication of the mode the remote is functioning in, it is more of a case that green LED's are signals to the TV and red LED are signals to the V6 box.

"I've tried unparing the remote and resetting using the info/clear buttons"  this is not the procedure to unpair the remote.
You would need to:
Press and hold the CLEAR and TV buttons at the same time until the LED flashes green twice
Press the Thumbs down button three times then press ok
The LED will flash green twice, Press Ok, wait until the LED is off
Your remote would then be unpaired.

One reason why you may not a response from the remote is low battery power, RF mode can eat batteries, I tend to use something like Duracell as they last longer than cheap ones.  Try changing the batteries for new ones, if this does not solve the issue completely power down the V6 box, using the on/off switch at the rear of the box, wait 30 seconds and restore the power.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.

This is not true.

I have had the same problem.

1. Remote was paired and worked perfectly (in fact we have 3 identical units with 3 remotes)

2. Unpaired one of them and paired it again - no problem

3. The other two remotes will not pair. I have gone through the whole process time and time again. The remotes are unpaired, the boxed have NO remotes connected (as seen from the Device menu). However many times I try, it will not connect.

Really pissing me off.

Hi shayegan,

Thanks for your post, sorry you're having some issues with the remote.

Have you been able to contact the team over the phone since your post on Wednesday? Let me know if not and I can take a closer look.

Alex_Rm

Also having this problem. 

A few days ago my remote randomly stopped working when box hidden. Still works when not hidden though so not batteries. 

Went to settings menu and was told another remote was paired! I unpaired it and then checked the instructions. Was told to press clear + tv, and was it for green light. Nothing. I then left the menu and went back to the menu. Was then told to hold info for 7 seconds, wait for green etc. Also nothing. 

Seems like the whole pairing user glow is buggy as well as the remote itself!

Would love to get this fixed ASAP. 

Hi mcross48, 

Sorry to hear you're also having an issue with this, 

I've popped you over a private message so I can assist further.

Alex_Rm

This seems to be a common issue, I have exactly the same problem.

Late reply but it might help someone.

Hold down the INFO button on the remote for about 10-12 seconds, it'll flash green and then go solid green.

On the tivo box, press the pairing button in middle.  The remote should then be paired.

Pairing may be required if you've replaced the batteries.

Spoiler

I think you misunderstood. It isn’t that we don’t know how to pair. It’s the fact that the remote won’t flash green once, let alone twice or stay on green. Mine will only EVER flash red and after that do nothing. It doesn’t matter how many times I try to pair or how many times I restart the box  The remote will only flash red! Pressing info makes the remote immediately go to solid red and then flash red twice and nothing after that. 
Also, I don’t know what you mean with the “middle button” as mine only has a “+” and a “-“, no other buttons?

I am the same. My remote will not flash green twice when I hold down the Info button. Its a V6 box, and V6 remote as far as I can tell. It does look like a newer remote and has a "Subtitles" box below the "Text" box. Can anyone help?