cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Remote Not Working

Ashley67
Joining in

Hi Can anyone advise how I get a new Remote for my V6 Set top Box my remote has just stopped working I have changed the batteries but it hasn't solved the problem I have been onto Virgin Media several times but I am getting nowhere fast please help.

26 REPLIES 26

Our remote stopped working yesterday, searches and resets haven’t worked in fixing this

It appears to be an ongoing issue, please supply us a new remote

Thanks 

My remote isn’t working either. I have been on hold to VM for what seems an eternity!

Is there a webchat where I can request a new remote for a V6 box?

Hi Markom74, 

Thanks for your post, I'm sorry to hear you've been unable to get through to the team to order a new remote.

Can you confirm if you've managed to contact us since your post on Friday? If not let me know and I can pop you over a private message to help.

Thanks,

Alex_Rm

xrayspecs
Joining in
Sending wrong equipment
I have had 4( including the original) remote controls, none of which will pair with my box
There is no small window above the home button so there is no light of any colour
Everyone tells me, this is correct, No it isn't
They start to talk you through it, but fall down when I say "What green light"?
Thankfully I still have my Sky Dish as this is now a joke

Markom74
On our wavelength

hi there.

apologies for the delay in getting back. No, I’ve been unable to speak with anyone. Customer service is a nightmare! Still suffering the same issues and using the iPhone app, which isn’t ideal.

Hi xrayspecs

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting.

Reading through your post can you tell us a little more about what the issue is with your remote control?

You advised it will not pair with the box. Can I ask what box you have? Do you have more than 1 box in the property?

Are you unable to get the volume control to work? Does it not respond to the box at all?

For more help and information click  here 

Kind regards Jodi

Similar problem. Still using the old large infra red remote from the TIVO, couldn't be mithered to change to the new handset. Anyway last night about 20.30 the V6 stopped responding to commands and would not reset using the lit button on the front of it. Went out to the pub about 21.30, returned midnight and everything was fine, still OK this a.m.

Markom74
On our wavelength

Alex,

My remote is still not working. Would you be able to assist?

SeanMonty
On our wavelength

Several people have had the same issue since 2017 with the remote, and this has been the response on threads that have been closed:

"Since we’ve already investigated this matter and found no issue"

Today a Virgin Media engineer visited my house (late) to take a look at the problem, and suggest that it was either the Virgin cabling that was the issue, or that the V6 box needed reformatting/resetting. He replaced the cable and reformatted the V6 box. Great. However, tonight, the remote is being unresponsive again.

The engineer himself said it was a known issue, and that the problem comes up a fair bit. So why is Virgin stating that "we’ve already investigated this matter and found no issue"?

I called Virgin Media at 19:55. I was on hold for 30 minutes. When I finally got through to someone, I spent twenty minutes on the phone explaining exactly what had happened, he then asked me questions which I had already answered, he asked me if I had changed the batteries after I had explained several times that I have, and tried a new remote, and that the engineer had been today. He switched the box on and off again, then asked if any change, I told him not, and he sighed and ended the call. It's not the first time I've be hung up on by Virgin Media customer services.

I pay £82 a month for terrible service from Virgin Media. I will be leaving.

Sean

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SeanMonty wrote:

Today a Virgin Media engineer visited my house (late) to take a look at the problem, and suggest that it was either the Virgin cabling that was the issue, or that the V6 box needed reformatting/resetting. He replaced the cable and reformatted the V6 box. Great. However, tonight, the remote is being unresponsive again.

So when the engineer visited did you do what I suugested in message 7 of your thread in another group.  Did he/you also do as apcyberax suggested in message 8?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Tech-Chatter/Virgin-Media-hiding-known-issue-with-V6-remotes/td...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.