Menu
Dulayne
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

V6 Reboots constantly and shows download icon

Hello there.

This morning our v6 box started to reboot constantly, it would get as far as a downloading screen and it would keep looping.

Not too long ago I called up the service team and they "did some checks" and the guy on the phone said they would send some signals down and it would take up to a further few hours to fix, and by the 3 hour mark it may need rebooting.

From seeing similar posts on here, I am not entirely confident this is going to work. What could the problem be? Everything is connected fine and working apart from this v6 box.

Any input would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Reboots constantly and shows download icon

Hi I would phone and go down the thinking of leaving us route you will get through to a person in the UK they are very good and will do their best to help.Regards Micky 

0 Kudos
Dulayne
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Already considering but thank you. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
mrlovely
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Mate, I set up my V6 at 12:30 today on a package upgrade, it's rebooted over 50 times.

Today is my wife's birthday, the plan was a film PM today and I took the day off work.

After 2 calls to the "tech support" where they asked me "how many wires are plugged into the box" and I explained that the coaxial, power DC, Ethernet and 2.2 compliant UHD TV are connected and the router shows the box resolved for about 45 seconds before the reboot. I suggested they telnet to inhibit the reboot, but apparently an "engineer" is required.

Waste of an afternoon, currently on the phone cancelling the upgrade.

Dulayne
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Ouch, that sucks. Smiley Sad I am considering calling back shortly because it does feel like the guy fobbed me off. 

0 Kudos
mrlovely
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I'm 58 minutes into the call, the offshore support put me through to their offshore customer relations even though I asked to be returned to UK retention.  This fault is a firmware write issue / verification of package issue. They are now trying to send me another V6 without an engineer callout (which I refused, I'm not taking a day off work)

The wife is NOT happy.

0 Kudos
mrlovely
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

still had to laugh though "HDCP 2.2 compliant to a UHD 4k, coaxial connected, Ethernet connected and resolving in the IP pool, power connected"

"thank you sir, can you count the wires plugged in to the box?"

You seriously couldn't make it up.

0 Kudos
Dulayne
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yeah that''s not surprising to hear these days. I am on the Phone now and said I want it escalated as it has been off all day, think she's trying to get a tech out =)

0 Kudos
Dulayne
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Quick update. Wednesday for an engineer now, due to engineers being booked 24 hours in advance. Hopefully they make up for it, I said I want compensated for it.
0 Kudos
mrlovely
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

New V6 coming on Weds, NOT an engineer.

However, I am being charged for the package update from TODAY and I've just lost 4hrs of my life explaining the fault.

Cracking stuff Virgin.

0 Kudos