cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Rebooting and Green screen

dtonlinux
Tuning in

Hi,

One of my V6 boxes has started freezing and rebooting itself. It is also presented a green screen the other day (attached a photo)…..can I get a replacement sent out to me? Happy to connect up the box myself.

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the green screen is the "DVR has detected an error" message, your hard drive has failed. Combined with a rebooting box, it's clearly faulty.

You can either call in to report this - 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 otherwise - or wait here for forum staff to pick up, which may take a couple of days.

V6 box replacements are currently done by engineer visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dtonlinux,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you have been facing issues with one of your boxes and getting the green screen, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you, your boxes do look to be online with no issues, are you still facing the issue?

Regards

Paul.

One of them is perfectly fine. We have swapped that V6 with the faulty one.

The failing one eventually passed the green screen but just keeps failing and restarting. I assume the hard disk is failing. Is it possible to get that one replaced?

David

Thanks for coming back to us @dtonlinux.

Yes of course, we can arrange for this to be replaced for you here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L