cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Randomly freezing and rebooting

170imjin
Tuning in

I have had issues with one of the three V6 boxes in the house, mainly the main one in the lounge, the other two appear to be working well.

I have reported on two occasions now that the V6 box in the lounge keeps freezing on watching recorded material and has done for some 6 months now. The box has now resorted to restarting/rebooting randomly at all hours of the day and night with no warning whilst watching a live TV station as well as freezing during play back. More annoyingly, football 😊

Is it now time for a replacement box to be sent to me? And how do I arrange this?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

170Imjin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi 170Imjin,

If the V6 is now  restarting/rebooting randomly you will need to contact faults.

You should  try swapping the misbehaving V6 with one of the other two that are still functioning correctly.

At the very least this will allow you to watch the football in the lounge.

Also when doing that you should be checking all cabling, especially the white coxial is snug and tight.

That may even eliminate the rebooting issues of the faulty box, but I doubt it.

To contact faults  call  150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults you hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc.

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi 170Imjin,

If the V6 is now  restarting/rebooting randomly you will need to contact faults.

You should  try swapping the misbehaving V6 with one of the other two that are still functioning correctly.

At the very least this will allow you to watch the football in the lounge.

Also when doing that you should be checking all cabling, especially the white coxial is snug and tight.

That may even eliminate the rebooting issues of the faulty box, but I doubt it.

To contact faults  call  150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults you hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc.

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Many thanks for the info, will do

Hi 170imjin, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue with your V6 box. 

Taking a look at the account, some of the levels could do with adjusting. I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi 170imhin,

Thanks for coming back to via private message. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM Just go to My Account > Track your orders.

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs