Menu
msjcooke
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 Netflix still not working!!!

We had our Virgin V6 box installed 6 months ago mainly due to the attraction of watching UHD T.V and movies on netflix.

Every time we've tried to watch anything on Netflix on our V6 box since we get a error message.

Virgin say they are working on it, but six months later still nothing has changed. This is unacceptable and if nothing is done right away I will be contacting watchdog organisations and the consumer ombudsmun to complain.

Virgin marketed the V6 box mainly on its ability to stream 4k content and its failure to address this issue is simply not good enough.

I urge all customers who still have this issue to complain to the consumer ombudsman and independent consumer watchdogs as Virgin is taking your money and not giving you the service promised in return.

Virgin if you don't update me on the resolution to this problem I will take things further.

J.Elliott
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Netflix still not working!!!

What is the error message you have when trying to watch Netflix?

What TV do you have i.e make and model?

What HDMI port is the V6 box connected to?

The V6 will only work properly with some older 4K TVs when it's connected to the correct HDCP 2.2 compatible port.

See this help article https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

If it's not connected to an HDMI socket that supports HDCP 2.2 on a 4K TV, then upscaling HD channels may still work, but Netflix playback may show an error.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
msjcooke
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The T.V is a Samsung ue55hu7500. The HDMI 3 port is HDCP 2.2 compatable. Lifted this straight from the manual.

The V6 is plugged into HDMI 3 and Netflix is working.......

I would make this more widley known as alot of people have this issue.

Thank you for your help.
0 Kudos
Psturg
Just joined
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We updated our box to the V6 yesterday, under the advice of Virgin Media to lower our monthly cost, although we have since found out the Tivo box was becoming obsolete therefore in the companies interest to upgrade , barely any difference in the ridiculous price anyway. 

Last night we attempted to finish a season on Netflix but it diesn’t Work, we called and was told due to a software problem and Netflix won’t be available until early April !!!  

The guy we spoke to told us they have been aware of this issue since the beginning of the year !!

Why encourage people to upgrade when there are faults they knew about ? Had everything on the TiVo box, no problems. 

Just tried the i player and same story !  

Virgin Media are a joke, going Sky, can’t be any worse ! 

0 Kudos
Psturg
Just joined
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Forgot to add , even though they advertise a free upgrade, we also had to pay for installation, £20 , for the Privalige of loosing services. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Psturg

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your service recently.

I've taken a look at this from our end and can see that a member of the team has tried contacting you yesterday with no success and has sent you information regarding this in a letter, which you'll receive very soon.

I'm very sorry again for the issues with your service, we'll be in touch soon.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos