cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Multiroom installation

ni1s
Tuning in

Hi Can anyone help?

we are due to have v6 multi -room installed later this week & path of least resistance for cabling to the room of choice will be on the outside walls

will the tech visiting be able to do this or will it be a case of splitting the feed inside the house and drilling holes through numerous walls to get the cabling from entry point, up the stairs and into the room?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Externally, VM techs will only work upto first floor height.

Other than that, I believe most options are possible.

Incidentally, if by new installation you mean you are having Virgin TV installed, then you'll be having a TV360 setup not a V6-based install. If you already have an existing TiVo or V6 box and are adding multiroom then that's a different thing. It doesn't make any difference to the mechanics of the cabling which are identical - but new TV customers don't get TiVo-software since several years now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Externally, VM techs will only work upto first floor height.

Other than that, I believe most options are possible.

Incidentally, if by new installation you mean you are having Virgin TV installed, then you'll be having a TV360 setup not a V6-based install. If you already have an existing TiVo or V6 box and are adding multiroom then that's a different thing. It doesn't make any difference to the mechanics of the cabling which are identical - but new TV customers don't get TiVo-software since several years now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ni1s, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

We appreciate you reaching out to us on here for the query brought forward.
Regarding the install, the engineer will be able to cable everything up where needed and will ensure that the install gets fully completed.
If there is any issue with the install on the install date itself, let us know and we'll assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

just a quick update. Install and cabling has been great. Big shout out to our engineer Chad for his help with this.

Left everything neat and tidy , you hardly notice the cables are there 🙂

I do have a question though. Any tips or suggestions on how we get our subscribed sky sports package through on the 2nd V6 box?

BT sport is coming through with no problem 

Many Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The multi-room subscription should automatically have your same channels on all additional boxes.

Give the EPG a refresh using Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels

If that fails, the second box is missing the channel codes which VM can rectify.