cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Losing Picture

Dontread
Tuning in

HI,

For the last few days, I have been having issue where the picture drops out and the screen goes black for 3-7 seconds. I have tried changing the HDMI cable but it's the same issue.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Have you tried a different HDMI input?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does this happen with, say... live TV? Recorded programmes? OnDemand? Streaming apps?

If live TV.. any particular channel(s)?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It's happening on Live tv as far as I can tell. I haven't tried any apps etc. It's pretty random as well.

Have you tried a different HDMI input?

--

Good shout! 

Not as yet. I have it running through a hdmi switcher and all the other ports are working as they should so did not think to try. Will give this a go and see how i get on.

When trouble shooting, bypass all intermediate devices which in your case means a direct connection between your TV and V6.

--

Hi Dontread

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the TV picture issue on the V6. 

I have ran some system checks and you do need a technician visit, this is because the input levels are all showing as out of spec.

I shall send you a PM now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi Dontread

Thanks for joining me on PM, I was glad to hear the fault has rectified itself, do keep an eye on it though as discussed and let me know any further issues.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

I have just seen the message above. Is this why the image breaks up sometimes and becomes pixilated? 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dontread

Thanks for posting on our community forum

This is indeed a common reason of why you'd experience the issues with the image - please keep us updated with how your tech visit goes 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs