cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Keeps auto turning on

jhmc93
Tuning in

Every time I put my box on standby it keeps turning itself back on I don’t touch anything on the remote and the remote has been unpaired and paired plus my remote sits on a shelf with nothing on it at all I have also replaced the batteries. Can anyone help? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you say "it turns back on", do you mean it comes out of standby? Or the HDD remains spun-up - this could be a scheduled recording.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Sorry you're having some issues with your V6 @jhmc93.

When it turns back on are you using any other remotes at the time? Kind of spooky :S.

Have you got the box to read infrared - If you hold down TV and clear together until the remote flashes then press thumbs down 3 times then ok it will reset the remote to infrared. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

This has just happened again. The V6 shows like an orange/amber light and starting up on the screen…, from what it looks like it keeps rebooting 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the box is restarting, it has a fault.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - or wait around for VM staff to pickup.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'm so sorry to hear this @jhmc93

I'll send you a PM now so we can take a closer look into what's happening.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you!