cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 - Iplayer/Youtube - buffer then crash

cmsmj1
Joining in

In the last few weeks there are issues with successfully launching some of the streaming services.

Select iPlayer - either on demand, or catch up - it wil launch the app, you can then select and launch a program.  it buffers, plays the first few seconds and then signal is dropped - TV says 'no signal'

Same with youtube - starts and then drops signal.

I can launch both apps via the TV - no issues.  It also reports that the videos have launched as I can resume them from the point of it hanging/crashing or whatever it does

Other streaming apps are working OK - ITV player, Netfli/Prime/Disney - all running fine and no issues

The V6 box is plugged into ethernet next to the hub.

Any further suggestions please to get this to work?

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When the TV reports "no signal", this usually means the video output from your V6 has dropped. And the most common cause of that would be an unprompted restart. That's a fault if it's happening regularly - but is this what's happening?

if not - then what action from yourself causes the "no signal" message to clear?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the response

The TV reporting no signal - I can press the TV button on the remote and it takes me back to the TV function - the box ix still live and that is how I recover this sitiuation. 

I don't see it that the box is restarting but I do concur that there seems to be a defined drop in signal.  it is almost like the box doesn't like the output and cannot play it - but it can and does, and then crashes out.

As this used  to work and now doesn't I am stumped.  I have a workaround and am not yet ready to set it on fire, but it is bloody annoying and as I am paying for a box to deliver the advertised capablities it grates on me!

So, any tech or practical advice very welcome.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well that's a new one on me - but does sound suspiciously like an HDCP2.2 issue

Are you watching on a 4K/UHD TV? If so, try dropping your video output to 1080 and see if that makes any difference.

The options will be under Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Video

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks